Senior Manager, Customer Marketing & Advocacy
What We Need
Kareo is seeking a highly motivated Customer Marketing & Advocacy leader to join our team. The ideal candidate loves working with customers and will be responsible for growing and strengthening our Customer Advocacy Program and depth of use-case storytelling. This role will be leading a newly formed team and will be focused on bringing to life the success stories of our customer champions and amplifying our customer’s voice in the marketplace through the creation of customer content, advocacy and engagement opportunities. This position is directly associated with influencing revenue growth, brand building, and retention efforts, through the creation of compelling advocacy relationships that contribute to our customers’ overall experience and success. Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Customer Success to support growth is a must.
Your Area of Focus
You will be responsible for Kareo’s encompassing customer advocacy strategy to drive overall customer engagement and marketing. This individual will need strong interpersonal, communication, and project management skills in order to organize our Advocacy program, form strong relationships with our top customer influencers, generate sales references and marketing content such as case studies, peer product reviews, written or video testimonials. This role is highly visible and requires regular cross-functional communication across the Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Product organizations.
- A major contributor to Kareo’s customer conferences in the selection of client highlights, storytelling, and content creation.
- Lead customer advocacy program development and activities that start from building enduring customer relationships and extend across new assets and programs that showcase our customers’ success.
- Own and build program strategies and tactics for customer reference pipeline and asset creation activities that can be leveraged across Kareo’s business units that include podcasts, videos, case studies, KPIs/ROI, etc.
- Contribute best-in-class expertise to operational and continuous process improvement efforts for customer engagement programs, not limited to just advocacy.
- Provide input on the technology needed to streamline the reference process both internally and externally, scaling and maturing our advocacy operations
- Deliver internal stakeholders with fresh and relevant customer content to use to support sales cycles, events, and public activities.
- Gather and analyze data to assess the health of customer advocacy efforts and use insights to develop action plans.
- Evangelize and educate internal and external stakeholders on the benefits associated with Customer advocacy activities; activate them to join and/or endorse the program
- Provide regular updates on progress, gaps and program plans, to customer advocacy stakeholders across the business.
- Success will be measured by your ability to increase customer advocacy (including referrals, case studies, testimonials, references), drive pipeline from new and existing customers, increase loyalty and retention through program participation and engagement.
Your Professional Qualifications
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, a collaborative self-starter, and someone who loves to delight and engage customers to improve their experience and increase loyalty. This individual must possess a customer centric mentality and be comfortable working in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- 8+ years of directly relevant, customer marketing experience managing a Customer Advocacy program and team.
- Proven track record in creating innovative and targeted Customer Advocacy programs that generate results for a SaaS/technology company is required
- Reputation for achieving goals successfully; focusing on winning in the marketplace; impacting the bottom-line; constantly challenging self and others to deliver results; acting with a sense of urgency and seizing opportunities when they arise
- Skilled at creating genuine and relatable customer stories and content, with a focus on great business outcomes
- Clear and direct communicator; Ability to identify, craft and articulate value propositions of the program to both internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organized and efficient with strong project management skills and operational discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; can be equally effective in both formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers and customers
- Strong experience in B2B software, software-as-a-service, professional services areas preferred
- Required expertise with Gainsight, Eloqua/Marketo, Salesforce, and other CRM/MarTech applications
- Passionate - Be Passionately Driven: We take pride in our work, inspire others to excel, and are dedicated to solving tough problems in healthcare. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. And we work with urgency because what we do matters.
- Customer-Focused - Dedicated to Customer Success: Helping our customers succeed directs every action we take. We’re committed to helping their practices run smoother so their patients can thrive. We are solution-oriented and aligned with their needs.
- Collaborative - Together We’re Better: Great teams are collaborative, selfless, hardworking, and dedicated. We are willing to do what it takes to get the job done so we can accomplish more together.
- Growing - Constant Growth: We strive to have a growth mindset in all we do. We reject the status quo. We take a unique approach and make every effort to bring clarity to a needlessly complex industry. We are creative problem solvers that believe in making things better.
Kareo is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.