McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Position Description The Senior Manager, Customer Management is responsible for ensuring that the highest level of quality and client solutions is provided to our pharmaceutical partners. The department is chartered with managing client satisfaction, coordinating and streamlining timely and effective internal and external communication, centralizing all service requirements and interacting with internal departments for implementation of solutions and ensuring program profitability. The position also provides oversight and leadership for the product line/s supported and provides consultative services to client and internal teams such as Sales and Marketing. Key Responsibilities: Financial Management
- Ensure the product line profitability overall is meeting profitability targets along with program level profitability.
- Review budgets to ensure profitability levels are attainable and respond timely to budget review prior to finalization.
- Provide oversight to the program managers to ensure program profitability is being reviewed monthly and action plans developed and executed for areas of improvement.
- Develop subject matter experts on the product line, customer programs and marketplace.
- Provide oversight/leadership to the implementation team for all aspects of multiple, concurrent projects including scope, communications, resources, schedule, risks, change control, issues, and budget.
- Provide project leadership to matrixed, cross-functional teams.
- Ensure project meetings are effectively planned and organized to include cross-functional project teams
- Establish clear project success criteria for McKesson, customers and vendors.
- Represent project at meetings and manage relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors. Inform stakeholders of progress and issues and manage expectations on all aspects of the project.
- Manage critical path to ensure schedules are met. Analyze actual performance against plan and review with team and management. Manage agreed upon adjustments consistent with project objectives.
- Arbitrate and resolve conflict and ambiguity. Identify and track status of issue resolution and risks to ensure cross-functional areas are driving timely resolution. Appropriately escalate risks and unresolved issues to Sr. Management.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement, budget, and timeline.
- Negotiate timeline and resource requirements within each functional area maintaining the overall project objective and timeline.
- Close out project. Lead post-implementation review, identify lessons learned and successes, develop a process improvement plan, and communicate to management.
- Adhere to PMO standards and processes.
Ongoing Client Support
- Manage client satisfaction; ensure the highest levels of satisfaction
- Ensure the coordination and execution of timely and effective internal and external communication.
- Centralize all service requirements and interacting with internal departments for implementation of ongoing enhancements/solutions
- Ensure team is providing insightful business reviews timely; Ensure they “push” the customer
- Ensure client touch points are provided timely
Client Business Solutions/Product and Design Consultant
- Product Enhancement recommendations, controls and measurements, product features and best practices.
- Provide Sales support in consulting with clients on the most appropriate program design/solution to meet the client’s goals/needs
- Provide support/consultation with established customers/programs to enhance program or recommend other features. Ensure a feedback loop of current program performance/success to enhance product offering/client message.
- Collaborate with Marketing on positioning and rolling out information regarding the product/features.
- Participate in conferences, etc.
- Develop a high performing team
- Ensure team has career plans, timely performance evaluations, etc.
- Develop team building opportunities within or amongst other teams.
Minimum Requirements 5+ years’ experience in project management, including 2+ years managerial experience. Critical Skills • 5 years of Adherence background.
• Must have CRM experience.
• Healthcare service and/or pharma/biotech service experience
• Experience in influencing and providing strong leadership of matrixed, cross-functional teams with multiple projects, conflicting priorities and market imposed deadlines.
• Collaborative and customer focused with the ability to interact effectively with people from different disciplines and levels of an organization.
• Strong negotiation, persuasion and problem-solving skills. Ability to arbitrate and resolve conflict and ambiguity.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a self-directed environment to meet critical deliverable dates.
• Prior budget and program profit and loss responsibility.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, MS Office Suite, and PowerPoint
Education 4-year degree or related field or equivalent experience. MBA Preferred Physical Requirements General Office Demands