Purpose of Job:
Evaluate the design and operation of internal controls for the management of credit risk on assigned projects/processes/units in Global Risk Management, Global Banking & Markets, International Banking and Canadian Commercial Banking.
Act primarily as a Team Participant, or in some cases, act as Officer In Charge (OIC) on assignments of low to medium complexity.
Ensure department standards are maintained in completion of all assignments.
1. Engagement Planning
• Manage the planning of audits or assigned areas of low to medium complexity ensuring scope and extent of work is in accordance with the approved plan, timing and budget are reasonable, procedures are efficient, appropriate resources are assigned and risk understood.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned projects.
• Identify emerging issues that may impact the audit plan.
• Develop and/or update Detailed Audit Programs (DAPs) as required.
2. Audit Execution
• Execute assigned audit activities independently as a Team Member under the direction of the OIC on assignments with medium to high complexity and as OIC on audits of low to medium complexity.
• Evaluate the adequacy of system design and internal control framework in meeting business, operational and control objectives.
3. Problem Identification
• Identify and assess materiality of control weaknesses ensuring facts are gathered and their full meaning is understood for low to medium complex projects as participant/OIC.
• Identify underlying causes of control weaknesses and provide practical recommendations as to how they can be mitigated.
• Review audit findings from other participants for presentation to line management.
• Follow up on assigned issues in the Issue Tracking Database for timely resolution.
• Prepare audit findings which clearly report the extent, cost and risk of error, including the impact of those issues on achievement of control objectives, operations processing, financialreporting and regulatory compliance.
• When OIC, review/edit reporting from team members and summarize issues in a draft auditreport for review by the assignment supervisor/VP on a timely basis.
5. Self/Staff Development and Teamwork
• Prepare periodic and annual performance self-assessments, personal goals and objectives for measurement of performance, a career development and training plan and monitor quarterly for achievement/completion.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff and assist in team development by training, guiding and monitoring development of staff.
• When OIC, conduct regular team meetings during assignments.
6. Internal/External Communication
• Maintain effective internal communication through the ongoing sharing and acquiring of information.
• Maintain effective communication with auditees and line management including appropriate handling of conflicts and issue resolution.
7. Special Projects
• Conduct special investigations and perform due diligence activities as assigned.
• Assist/OIC work performed on behalf of the external auditors as assigned.
• Continue self-development to expand knowledge and understanding of the business line’s key process and business applications.
Ability to write clear, concise auditreports as well as internal and external communication in English.
Familiarity with the Bank's credit risk processes and risk management practices.
Thorough knowledge of MS Word, Excel and audit software tools.
Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
Position is based in Toronto.
Candidates will need to have at least 5-10 years of experience working in a Non Retailbanking/credit/audit environment on credit risk.
Requisition ID: 21608