Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position works closely with the Head of Corporate Strategy, Chief Financial Officer and TRP Management to analyze, articulate and measure success of the firm’s corporate strategy, including competitor intelligence, industry trends, M&A opportunity evaluation and support of execution.
- Evaluate Industry and Competitor Trends: Perform strategic analysis and assessment of industry and competitor trends in the asset management industry, evaluation of the Company’s competitive positioning and that of its Business Units in relation to trends and benchmarks. This position is directly responsible for the research and development of analysis, consulting and collaborating with business leaders, sourcing information from outside experts (e.g., consultants, investment banks) and providing regular and ad hoc summary views to senior management.
- Ad hoc Strategic Analysis: Performs financial modeling and other strategic analyses for special internal projects (e.g, buy vs. build analysis, participate business unit strategic review to assess long-term strategy as needed).
- Support Articulation of Firm’s M&A Strategy: Interact with business leaders to understand specifics of our business strategy and related M&A objectives and appetite. Investigate, assess, categorize and document the M&A potential opportunities in coordination with business sponsors to support the firm’s objectives. Develop presentation materials to communicate our strategy and approach to senior management, the Board and external audiences as appropriate.
- Transaction Evaluation: Lead evaluation of potential M&A transactions in close coordination with the Head of Corporate Strategy. Day-to-day lead of project teams established to evaluate potential M&A opportunities, including coordination with senior business sponsor. Provides investment banking expertise by performing valuation and otherfinancial modeling. Prepares business case and presentations to Management Committee/ Board in support of investment decisions. Manages due diligence with internal and external subject matter experts. Assists with structuring, negotiation and closing transactions; Oversee planning and transition to post-merger integration.
- Associate Management & Development: Manage senior analyst, and ensure his/her development of technical, presentation, organizational influence and project management skills.
- College degree and 8years of related work experience, or
- Associatedegree and 10 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 12years related work experience
- Ability to understand and articulate industry and competitor insights; comfort with assembling and telling a story related to the business case for strategic investment.
- Superior analytical and modeling skills (expert level Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing complex financial data into meaningful executive summary statements; Excellent communication, writing skills, and presentation skills.
- Superior individual execution skills, project management expertise, critical thinking abilities and team/collaborative orientation. Comfortable leading cross-functional teams.
- Flexibility in handling multiple priorities in fast changing environment.
- Ability to draw own conclusions, articulate positions, communicate key messages, make recommendations, and influence in a team environment. Strong hands-on problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact with leaders internally and externally, often independently.
- MBA or other related advanced degree
- M&A experience
- Asset management industry experience
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer