JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Senior Manager, Corporate Partnership is responsible for establishing new industry partnerships while strengthening existing ones for WPI. Accountable for achieving all of their annual strategic and financial objectives. Success comes from developing/executing upon an annual sales plan, employing a dynamic solution selling model, developing/closing new business leads, and collaboratively working within CPE and other WPI departments.JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive interest in partnering with WPI. (Project Sponsorships, CDC Involvement, Research, CPE programs, gift in kind philanthropy, etc. through outreach and developing corporate relationships.
- Develop and execute upon a plan for accounts that are coordinated with the appropriate team members-departments at WPI for expanding/developing existing and new corporate partnerships.
- Act as the primary business development representative with companies interested in establishing a partnership with WPI.
- Ability to apply solution selling skills to effectively convey the CPE/WPI value proposition to customers.
- Work with CPE staff and coordinate with clients/industry groups through outreach to secure Graduate Education and Professional Education/Technical programs for workforce development.
- Identify, cultivate and secure corporate sponsors for graduate education programs.
- Collaboratively work with Corporate Recruiter to transition account after securing corporate sponsorship.
- Successfully introduce and transition company sponsors over to the proper WPI representative when there is interest in partnering beyond CPE.
- Communicate with CPE senior leadership to inform on goal progress and provide feedback for future annual strategies.
- Assist in developing written documents when necessary, including client proposals, follow-up letters and internal communications.
- Coordinate mailings, email marketing, and social networking tools with the marketing group to prospective clients to generate corporate and individual leads.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Five years + experience working with industry in a customer facing role with significant experience in relationship development.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical industries.
- Strong persuasive skills with the ability to positively influence and motivate others. Ability to identify, articulate, and bring in new business.
- A dynamic individual capable of being an appropriate representative of WPI.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization, business and functional knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong customer service orientation, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Experience in selling educational solutions preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills required, as well as familiarity with other personal computer applications.
- Ability to work evening hours and travel beyond New England required.