Senior Manager, Corporate Development
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
1) Market Analysis: Lead detailed market analysis of our current served and adjacent markets. Work with Cognex senior management to gain a detailed understanding of the size, growth rate, profitability and competitive dynamics in these markets. Identify attractive segments and markets for Cognex to enter and/or invest.
2) Mergers and Acquisitions: Determine the most attractive and actionable business opportunities and acquisition targets. Develop relationships and cultivate the senior management of potential acquisition targets. Prepare and attend management presentations at companies for sale. Perform financial analysis and valuation. Lead the acquisition due diligence, including program management of cross-functional team. Negotiate contracts. Assist in managing the post-acquisition process.
3) Strategic Projects: Run strategic projects for the CEO, other members of the C-suite, and Board of Directors. Board of Directors presentations. Develop a process for monthly updates with the CEO and CFO. Manage the Corporate Development department budget. Recruit new members of the Corporate Development Team.
In addition to reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this position entails regular interactions with a wide range of senior leaders across the Cognex organization. Given the work and the variety of stakeholders, the Senior Manager must be able to work independently and collaborate productively with a broad range of individuals.
1) Strategy Consulting Experience: Two to three years of post-MBA experience in a top-tier management consulting firm.
2) Relevant Industry Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with experience working as an engineer, software developer, or other technical roles prior to business school or candidates who have spent at least 50% of their time working in the technology or industrial products industries.
3) Relevant Functional Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with at least 50% of their projects focused on growth and/or go to market strategy.
4) Structured and Logical Thinking: Strong judgement, problem solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to quickly develop recommendations are critical to this role. The successful candidate must demonstrate a bias towards action.
5) Analytical Rigor: Ability to run complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is critical to this role.
6) Powerful Communication: Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including confidence and the presence to engage effectively with senior executives.