The Senior Manager, Corporate Communications will be a highly motivated individual who will work to help increase visibility of our development pipeline, corporate strategy and mission and vision, as well as our role as a leader in the rare disease community. This role will work closely with the VP and Associate Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications (IR/CC) and provides a unique opportunity to oversee corporate content development and strategy for multiple channels and audiences, including the company’s public websites and intranet. This person will also have an integral role within the IR/CC team on public relations and community outreach. This position requires strong editorial, organizational and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while being a motivated, team player.
- Leads corporate content development and strategy efforts by researching, writing, editing and proofing content for:
- Various channels, including public websites and intranet, press releases, print, public speaking engagements, digital media, newsletters, events and other internally/externally directed materials.
- Various audiences, including advocate communities, patients, healthcare professionals, investors, Retrophin leadership and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Supports and leads as necessary ongoing corporate communications programs and initiatives to heighten awareness of Retrophin’s research and development efforts, rare disease community engagement and corporate identity.
- Serves as one of the storytellers to authentically share our company culture, mission and vision, as well as patient stories through compelling content/messaging that inspires team members and other stakeholders.
- Applies best practices and remains current in knowledge of content development, search engine optimization (SEO), website organization and content delivery.
- Manages universal editorial and content calendars to continuously update corporate content and ensure accurate timelines for development and approval processes.
- Collaborates with Investor Relations and Corporate Communications team on front- and back-end functionality and web development for public websites and company intranet.
- Supports managing external vendors as needed.
- Creates, implements maintains editorial style guide (AP style) to ensure that editorial standards are followed; expert knowledge of grammar, punctuation, sentence construction; familiarity with AP style, and ability to ensure that content follows in-house branding and style guidelines.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of relevant topics including company’s products and pipeline; workforce demographics; talent recruitment and retention; competitor landscape; and policy issues impacting the business.
- Participates in ongoing monitoring for news related to industry, peer and company developments.
- Assists with press release distribution and identification of national thought leadership engagement opportunities.
- Attends local professional organization events to build partnerships and raise awareness of corporate initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Life Sciences, Business Administration, Public Communications or related discipline. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in corporate communications – either in-house or working with corporate clients for a communications agency.
- In-house corporate communications experience with exposure to biotechnology and/or rare disease experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task, project manage and meet deadlines, while working with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership, in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills are required.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a web content management systems (CMS) and working knowledge of HTML; experience with WordPress preferred.
- Motivated team player, willing to learn new ideas and share knowledge and experience.
Retrophin, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer
Requisition ID : 1215