Lyft is looking for a Senior Manager of Corporate Communications. This person will lead external, proactive communications strategies based upon Lyft's business, corporate culture, and executive leadership. The successful candidate will be a passionate, experienced storyteller with an extensive understanding of the media landscape, along with strong reporter relationships. This person will also be an entrepreneurial and resourceful self-starter, and comfortable working in an ambiguous and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Develop strategies for and execute on high-impact, creative, and proactive campaigns that resonate with business/tech journalists to effectively share our story.
- Raise Lyft's profile among key business audiences through placing feature stories as well as day-to-day media relations,
- Translate Lyft's vision and strategy into compelling messages that drive the brand forward.
- Bring journalists' and business community's attention to areas of differentiation and competitive advantage.
- Be a trusted partner to Lyft executives.
- Maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and experts.
- Be comfortable with tight deadlines, often concurrent, for several projects.
- Help manage agency partners.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of relevant strategic, proactive communications and/or media relations experience.
- Self-starter, independently motivated, leads oneself and others.
- Rock solid writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape, with strong reporter relationships
- Strong analytical and organization skills, ability to meet deadlines, a sense of urgency, and attention to detail while seeing the big picture.
- Proven success building and implementing programs that raise awareness.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the representation of Lyft.
- A team player with an ability to deal with the ambiguity that can come from working with many teams.
- Lyft user/believer and a great sense of humor.