Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Play a collaborative and strategic role on the corporate communications team in all aspects of the development and execution of 2U's communications and engagement plan, with a specific focus on building consumer awareness, educating key audiences on alternative credential programs, securing earned media, and executive speaking opportunities (events, conferences, industry roundtables, etc).
- Regularly liaise with leaders across 2U to align on vision, product roadmap, and storytelling opportunities in the alternative credential segment.
- Create an efficient and repeatable process for securing regional and trade media coverage that articulates the impact and value of our programs in key markets and verticals
- Work across teams to identify and promote key company milestones, news moments, partnerships, and product developments
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to announce new program launches around the globe
- Craft executive bylines aligned with strategic company goals
- Conduct research and analyze data to identify relevant trends and story angles
- Develop press releases, pitches and briefing materials
- Manage the team’s reporting, news monitoring, and analytics processes
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy development to take 2U’s thought leadership to the next level
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 7+ years in public relations; candidates with B2C and edtech/future of work experience preferred
- Natural storytelling instincts: You understand the key components to a compelling story and enjoy rolling up your sleeves to identify assets, trends, and angles.
- Strong writer: You love the writing process and enjoy the creative challenge of shepherding anything from a byline to a press release from start to finish.
- Professional and skilled communicator: you can present ideas clearly to a variety of audiences, from high-level executives to local beat reporters.
- Proactive and resourceful: you are a problem solver energized by identifying creative solutions; you’re skilled at managing up, prioritizing, and setting expectations.
- Highly organized: You are detail-oriented, process-driven, and able to manage projects to meet tight deadlines.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Curious: You are a voracious consumer of news across industries, always eager to learn, and keep up to date with changing best practices in PR.
- Flexible: You are able to juggle multiple projects and switch gears seamlessly; you thrive in a fast-paced environment and can stay cool and calm under pressure.
- Team-first attitude: You’re a team player willing to lend a hand on a variety of projects and go the extra mile to achieve company goals.