Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting and SEC Reporting
At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open work space, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Manage team of two: SEC reporting analyst and corporate accounting analyst
- Responsible for preparation of SEC reporting forms (10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy and registration statements) including statements, footnotes, MD&A and XBRL tagging
- Responsible for preparation of financial schedules for earnings releases and investor presentations
- Keep apprised of US GAAP and SEC reporting developments, assess impact on the company, and lead or assist in the company’s transition efforts for new accounting pronouncements
- Prepare and maintain technical accounting memoranda and US GAAP and SEC reporting checklists
- Maintain and communicate SEC reporting calendar
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting matters to ensure auditor agreement with company conclusions
- Prepare equity compensation accounting and analyze financial statement impact
- Manage internal sub-certification process and reporting in support of the company’s Section 302 and 906 certifications
- Assist in preparation of audit committee materials
- Ad hoc research and special projects related to a wide range of technical accounting, financial reporting, and investor relations matters
What Do You Need to Bring?
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or other business/analytical major
- CPA with 7+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience and/or SEC reporting experience with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting;
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and relevant accounting and financial reporting matters, combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting and reporting matters
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and immense attention to detail
- Epitomizes the Company’s cultural values, demonstrating an ability to put the goals of the brands ahead of individual considerations
- Ability to work collaboratively and openly with cross-functional business partners in a non-bureaucratic and non-hierarchical business environment
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and with members of the company’s leadership team
- Has a high degree of resiliency and can work well in an in a high-energy, fast-paced environment marked by change and rigorous time lines