The primary focus for you as the Senior Manager, Downstream Marketing is ownership of the position and success of the segment’s broader product portfolio in the marketplace as measured by commitments to the annual operating plan.
This ownership includes product launch planning and execution, including but not limited to market segmentation, targeting, product positioning, key messaging, pricing, profitability and campaign development for all products within the segment. In addition, the Senior Manager, Downstream Marketing drives strategies for their entire portfolio, and collaborates with the cross-functional product team ensuring the Voice of Customer (VOC) is heard.
You will manage a team of product managers, and have responsibility for departmental budgeting and measurement to plan. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and will interact on a regular basis with QA/RA, Global Marketing, North America (US & Canadian) Sales, Customers and Senior Leadership.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
- Developing, owning and executing the 5-Year strategic marketing plan for the business segment in the North American market in close collaboration with Sales Leadership, the Business Unit and relevant stakeholders throughout the Image Guided Therapy Business Group
- Creating and executing innovative marketing plans and programs to meet product (channel), segment and overall corporate objectives within Image Guided Therapy Devices
- Managing a team of marketing professionals with the responsibility of enabling and supporting North American sales success as measured by the annual plan, including goal setting, prioritization, execution of programs and career development
- Developing the plan and executing a balanced marketing mix including but not limited to advertising, digital promotion, pricing, collateral materials, professional meetings/trade shows, market research, sales and clinician training and public relations
- In-house marketing contact to provide technical information and support for the U.S. sales force on products and competition
- Nurture working relationships with key thought leaders (KTLs) to provide direction and drive reference sites, communications, research, podium / tradeshow plan
- Collect and analyze information on competitive product offerings, including features, benefits, pricing, regulatory, clinical and marketing status and own competitive marketing as needed.
- Analyze and report on sales data and sales trends for assigned product line and all competitive products within the category, identifying variance to plan and where needed, driving plans to course correct
- Drive close alignment with U.S. sale organization to drive strategy and tactical execution in order to achieve sales and strategic goals
- Collaborate with upstream marketing counterparts, training & education, and Clinical Research teams on various topics including but not limited to clinical data, publications and claims
- Manage project budgets and quickly analyze data to determine ROI on marketing programs and modify programs accordingly
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in marketing, business, biological/clinical science, or engineering, MBApreferred, with 9+ years of medical device/medical products marketing experience, including demonstrated success in leading teams
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of the medical environment to effectively respond to market concerns and provide technical support for products
- Must have excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to competently represent the Company at professional functions and customer meetings
- Proficient software skills across all standard programs; Salesforce.comexperience a plus
- Digital marketing experience is a plus
- Decisive and autonomous leader who is able to set priorities for team that are consistent with the priorities of the business
- A healthy disdain for the status quo, and a willingness to question existing practices to identify better alternatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary
- Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the Philips General Business Principles
- Acts as an ambassador of professional standards, seeking continuous improvement in ways of working to drive greater efficiency and purpose
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is a requisite to success
- Experience working in a matrixed environment with distributed accountabilities and unclear precedents