At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing the efficient execution of centralized compliance functions and practices at the group or corporate level. Identifies and remains abreast of laws, regulations and regulatory guidance related to a specific regulation (i.e., AML, OFAC, Fair Lending, or other Banking regulation). Ensures centralized operational practices are accurately documented in procedures to transparently demonstrate satisfaction of compliance rules. This includes monitoring the compliance control process, all while ensuring that the business activities are performed in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages a team of staff responsible for regulatory and/or program activities related to Bank regulations.
- Develops and provides MIS and reporting resulting from monitoring or program activities.
- Monitors and tracks recommendations for enhancements to policies, processes, procedures or controls from external examinations, internal audits or compliance testing.
- Leads and provides subject matter guidance to implement changes to polices, processes, procedures or controls.
- Oversees projects or ongoing control process or continuous monitoring process relating to controls that ensure compliance with one or more regulatory requirement so
- Interacts with external examiners and coordinates with internal audit and Corporate Compliance Testing within position's area of focus.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance
Corporate Compliance - BSA/AML
- Manages staff of employees responsible for suspicious activity alert triage, suspicious activity case investigations, suspicious activity reporting, currency transaction reporting, currency transaction reporting exemption management, customer risk assessment, due diligence and enhanced due diligence, OFAC operations functions
- Responsible for managing the efficient execution of centralized compliance functions at a corporate level relating specifically to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Assets Control Sanctions (OFAC) operations.
- Identifies and remains abreast of laws, regulations and regulatory guidance (collectively the AML & OFAC rules) relating to AML and OFAC.
- The role also coordinates with business unit functions with regard to ensuring appropriate and accurate data (both electronic and manual) is submitted timely to allow for (i) alerting and investigation of suspicious activity (ii) detection and blocking or rejection of sanctioned transactions and (iii) reporting.