Job DescriptionPOSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:
- Direct all Accounting and Finance activities for Enterprise Distribution Center Operations, including owned and 3rd party operations (distribution centers, cold storage facilities and re-packers). Manage and direct Payroll, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting and Inventory Control. Maintain team of distributed DC accountants in timely and accurate accounting records, development Annual Operating Plans for variable and fixed costs. Manage generation of financial and operating reports for decision making at the DC and Enterprise roll up levels. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures across the full DC network. Ensure safeguard of company assets; analyze and report financial and operational results to aid in cost controls. Ensure consistency in financial operations across enterprise DC's. Responsible for Del Monte owned DC's, Third Party 3PL DC's, Produce Network DC's and Re-Packers.
- Direct the activities for each Distribution Center's Finance office. Payroll, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting and Inventory Control.
- Direct and manage financial activities for Third Party (3PL) DC's, Produce Network DC's and Repacker Facilities. Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting and Inventory Control.
- Aggregate financial operations and reporting to DMFI enterprise level.
- Determine the flow of incurred costs to the P&L based on inventory positions at month end, with the costs reflected in the correct products and customer P&Ls. Provide analysis against budgets/latest estimates and Prior Year on a P&L basis.
- Direct the development and preparation of Annual Operating Plans and financial forecasts including variable / fixed production costs, variable / fixed warehousing costs, capital spending, plant related Miscellaneous Income and all balance sheet accounts. Monitor performance against plan to ensure financial objectives are realized. Provide both plant and corporate / regional management with necessary information to track and control the timing and amount of all budgeted expenditures
- Ensure that sufficient internal controls are in place and are in compliance with corporate auditing requirements and SOX to effectively safeguard plant assets and to provide adequate segregation of duties ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Direct the financial month end, fiscal year end and tax year end closing in accordance with guidelines to provide accurate and timely information for analysis and consolidation at Region and Corporate level.
- As a member of the Enterprise DC management team, work with the Regional DC Directors in determining current and long-term objectives, plans, programs and budgets to achieve both Enterprise Distribution Center and overall company objectives.
- Direct and assist in the preparation of special studies, cost reduction efforts, and/or proposals involving the financial aspects of the operation or function being reviewed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the financial and operational drivers of the business.
- Supervise, train, and develop a competent staff. Identify and develop potential succession candidates at all levels with the department. Develop clear goals and accountability for direct reports and offer performance feedback periodically. Perform salary administration; counseling, hiring, and discharge activities with department.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture through communication and coaching as well as finding opportunities for streamlining accounting activities and enhancing value-added process.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing teams across multiple locations to adhere to the month-end closing process is required.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Applications including Excel and Access.
- Demonstrated experience managing GAAP accounting procedures, payroll, standard cost accounting, budgeting, management reporting, and variance analysis.
- Ability to interact with executive level in creating and presenting reviews and analyses.
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of process improvement and successful cross-functional teamwork.
- Proficient with ERP Accounting software (SAP preferred).
- Experience with utilizing statistical analysis to assist with driving data based decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, especially in the areas of process improvement and problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multiple high priority tasks/projects concurrently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results oriented with the ability to accomplish work in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic with proven ability to work with deadlines and commitment.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to reach a common goal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Business required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of financial and/or accounting experience, preferably in manufacturing/distribution environment/setting.