BAE Systems Inc has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Contracts Manage to join our OSI business at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN. In this role you will manage a staff of Contracts professionals at various experience levels involved in proposal preparation, contract negotiations, and contract administration, and manage contracts for assigned programs, including planning, negotiating, administering and execute proposals and contract documents, and develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Develop a working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement process, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant company policies and procedures, FAR/DFAR, commercial contracting methods and other government regulations.
• Support assigned proposal activities including, but not limited to, analyzing solicitations and preparing summaries based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort; participating in all proposal team meetings; preparing terms, conditions and assumptions for the proposal; reviewing technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency; and preparing proposal documents for internal bid approval review and submittal to the Customer.
• Research contract language and seek guidance on complex terms and conditions from higher level Contract Administrators or Contracts Manager.
• Review cost and price proposals as assigned to ensure they are prepared and submitted in strict accordance with applicable laws, regulations, contractual provisions and Company policy.
• Coordinate with other Company functions as required ensuring that (1) appropriate reviews are scheduled and conducted, and (2) required review and approval signatures are obtained before submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
• Assist upper level Contract Administrators in negotiations and other activities such as fact finding and audits, required to obtain contracts or orders, and auxiliary agreements (e.g. Proprietary Information Agreements and Teaming Agreements). Negotiate routine contracts and changes commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence under the specific guidance of the higher level Contract Administrator or Contracts Manager.
• Act as the primary point of contact between the Company and the Customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual/program matters, under review by upper level Contract Administrators or Contract Managers, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
• Administer all aspects of assigned contract processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
• Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and Company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence relative to assigned contracts.
• Participate in final stages of assigned contract by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with Contract Closeout.
• Performs other duties as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelors Degree and minimum 10 years related Contracts experience in a DoD environment.
Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth above.
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.