The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Contract Management- Customer Contract Negotiation/Legal Learned Intermediary,
located in Somerville, NJ; Raynham, MA; West Chester, Pennsylvania; Cincinnati,Ohio; Warsaw, Indiana; Irvine, California.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies Strategic Customer Group (SCG) contracting team is responsible for the development and execution of customer contract strategy for our medical devices companies. Contracting includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts and pricing offers), Customer Analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations), Contract Management (contract generation, negotiation, signature, loading and performance tracking) and Contracting and Pricing Committee (CPC) governance (commercial contracting and pricing governance). The Contracting group works in close collaboration with the field to put together offerings (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer while still supporting the objectives and strategies of the business.Role Objective:
The Senior Manager, Contract Management will be part of the SCG Contract Management Team providing effective and efficient contract review and negotiation for commercial contracts. This individual will be responsible for managing various contract templates to support the business and CPC approved Contract Strategies and will support terms and conditions redlines for commercial contracts across the JJMD organization. This role is the defined and proficient specialist for handling redlines including customer negotiation in close partnership with the Deal Desk, account management and the field sales organization. They partner closely with the Commercial Programs Legal Group (CPLG) as a Learned Intermediary, the broader SCG contracting community, HCC and internal business partners, including senior management, in finding opportunities, process improvements and supporting critical company initiatives in an effort to improve turnaround time processes and workflows. Responsibilities include coordination of terms and conditions options and changes, identifying potential gaps, ensuring contracts are aligned to strategy, customer negotiations, sharing preferred practices, and recommending solutions to improve customer experience.Major Responsibilities
- Independently review terms and conditions, direct and lead commercial negotiations
- Develop and maintain positive business partner relationships with legal, Deal Desk & field sales organization
- Facilitate internal partners to achieve contract approval and negotiation to resolve complex issues and assist in disputes (elevating complex legal and factual issues to the appropriate internal parties, e.g. Commercial Operations, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Corporate Risk Management, Health Care Compliance, Privacy, CPLG).
- Proactively support the design and implementation of systems, processes and controls to efficiently oversee and manage the contracting process to improve efficiency and compliance.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration with internal partners, consistent with company mission and values, to ensure that actions taken reflect terms of contracts and agreements. Provide regular mentorship and training to business partners, to ensure they understand contractual requirements as well as general legal and compliance environment.
- Ownership of assigned templates, clause library and related contracting tools
- Ensuring conformity to business needs, accurate risk allocation and compliance with Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures
- Write and/or Maintain assigned SOPs and WIs
- Action and implement opportunities to ensure continuous improvement across the Contract Management organization and the contracting continuum
- A minimum of a BS/BA is required. MBA or JD preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Contracting, Pricing or related business experience within J&J, pharmaceuticals or medical devices.
- Prior legal experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and ability to self-direct in a complex / time sensitive environment
- Capable of drafting complex contract terms and conditions, attention to detail, reviewing contracts for conformity to policies and identifying and assessing risks is required
- Strong leadership skills: ability to lead, influence all levels of the organization, skill in taking prudent risks and indirectly lead across teams is required
- Ability to work well in a decentralized environment and build support across a complex set of business partners
- Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with CPLG, Account Management, Franchises, Deal Managers and Contract Strategy
- Commit to understanding the JJMD products and offerings, strategies and business objectives
- Ability to influence and align complex groups of internal and external partners towards overall business objectives
- Strong level of ownership and commitment for meeting / exceeding expectations
- Ability to ensure adherence to protocols and business rules
- Experience with sales teams or account management, contracting needs and leadership approaches in the J&J businesses
- Comfort working remotely with multiple lines of business
- Proficiency in MS Word including track changes and doc compare (required)
- Domestic travel is required up to 10% of the time.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Primary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham-850 Ridgeview DriveOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-California-IrvineOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)Job Function