Who you are
The Zendesk Technology Alliances lead for telephony and contact center partnerships, will be responsible for managing this diverse and growing partner ecosystem. These activities include working with partners on ensuring they can proficiently integrate their solution into Zendesk products and onboard to the Zendesk Marketplace, planning and executing on joint marketing initiatives, evangelizing partner solutions to our global GTM team and supporting sales enablement programs and, in some cases, developing joint go-to-market motions in conjunction with Zendesk’s channel sales team. As part of the journey, you’ll get the opportunity to work with partners throughout Zendesk’s business, including Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales / Success / Professional Services / Customer Advocacy, and Legal. This role reports to the Director of Technology Alliances for Zendesk Support.
- Own existing & continue developing the ecosystem of contact center and telephony partnerships for Zendesk. Build a framework for partner prioritization, and crafting robust partner plans with priority partners that can deliver on mutual business goals. Establish success metrics for each priority partnership, and lead data collection / measurement to guide impact assessment and future investments
- Identify and ensure clarity across GTM teams on priority telephony and contact center partners for the different Zendesk customer segments and regions in alignment with sales and product leadership
- Globally operationalize the enablement of go-to-market teams that work with these priority partners in both existing accounts and new opportunities
- Collaborate with Product and Product Marketing teams on the evolution of Zendesk Talk Partner Edition’s product, market strategy, pricing and packaging and ensure clear positioning vs telephony and contact center partners
- Evangelize Zendesk with prospective partners, and be a subject matter expert on the Zendesk Support business, priority customer segments, product positioning and bases of differentiation
- Work closely with partners throughout the business and across our key regions to understand partner needs, funnel product and business feedback from partners, and advocate for the value built through technology partnerships
- 8+ years of total work experience, at least 2-3 years of outstanding performance in a role similar to this one (including but not limited to roles in business development, partner sales, product management, product marketing, partner marketing, developer relations). Experience in the world of contact center / telephony / collaboration is a huge bonus!
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for driving business results from partnerships (bonus if it is specifically working with technology partners / ISVs)
- Positive attitude, an eternal sense of optimism, and, for heaven’s sake, a sense of humor! You have a sense of initiative, appreciate autonomy, and love the thrill of working with go-to-market teams. You epitomize Zendesk’s culture of humbildence (humble + confident, AKA you aren’t an a$$hole).
- At ease when discussing product and technical components / capabilities at significant detail. All the better if you have a technical background as well as strong eye for business.
- Some experience working with and enabling customer-facing teams
- Confident in utilizing data to make informed decisions and set a strategic course. If that data doesn’t exist, you will find a way to go get it.
- Ability to balance several priorities at once — ideally thriving in such an environment. Entrepreneurial nature, strong sense of ownership, and bias towards action.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional initiatives handled on a tight timeline with immovable landmarks
- Enjoys working with colleagues all over the world, seeking and aggregating feedback from various partners with varying requirements
- Actively seeks out opportunities to meet with existing and potential new partners. No hesitations about cold outreach and is a consummate networker.
- Passion for product innovation and how Zendesk customers can use the ecosystem of technology partner apps to do more with our products. Existing experience with Zendesk products is always encouraged
- Willingness to travel to partner sites, conferences, and other Zendesk offices 25% of the time