- Lead key consumer sensory & product testing initiatives for Firmenich Taste & Beyond (North America) across food & beverage categories to directly impact the design of food & beverages for our customers and their recognized brands
- Includes the design of appropriate sensory & product testing methodologies as well as the analysis, interpretation and presentation of results/insights to both internal & external stakeholders
- Coach and mentor the consumer sensory and product assessment team
- Transform data and an understanding of consumer behaviors & needs into consumer insights that impact product design and strategies for our customers and their own brands
- Partner with business teams to create and deliver proactive consumer centric product-related insight initiatives in support of business objectives & strategies
- Shape the future of the consumer sensory & product function by identifying and adopting cutting edge methodologies that extract deeper insights and learning
- Analyze & interpret consumer and sensory data using appropriate statistical models
- Bring sensory & product testing results and the corresponding insights to life via presentations, workshops, and meetings for our customers and their recognized brands/products
- 8+ years of experience in food & beverage consumer sensory/product testing at a Flavor House, CPG Company, and/or sensory/product testing agency
- Master’s Degree+ preferred (others will be considered) in either Sensory Science, Market Research, Food Science, or related
- Passion for generating consumer insights that excite stakeholders and lead to food & beverages that delight the consumer
- Strong knowledge across a wide range of sensory & product testing techniques including discrimination & descriptive methods, CLTs, HUTs, etc
- Comfort with key software such as SIMS, FIZZ, SPSS, CompuSense, XLStat, SAS, etc and strong practical understanding across a variety of statistical analysis
- Strong presentation skills required as is the ability to interact and present to clients at all levels
- Passion for the consumers and brands
- Accountability, a growth mindset, impact obsession
- Passion for the consumer
- Customer focus
- The ability to be a part of a highly creative and imaginative team in an incredibly competitive and inspiring industry
- A fast-paced environment surrounded by some of the biggest talents and brands in the beauty and fragrance industries
- Learn how to understand consumers and how to meet their needs effectively
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* Quarterly Bonus Potential!
* Retirement Plans!
* 401(k) with Company Match!
* Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
* Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
* Flexible Spending Accounts!
* Tobacco-Free Campus!
* And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!