Location: New York, NY
The Senior Manager, Consumer Insights and Research will execute the research project roadmap and delivery of studies on time and in budget. This individual will be responsible for developing objectives, programming, deploying, and analyzing research studies. A key responsibility of this role will be to synthesize reliable and actionable insights from research outcomes and data. This includes analysis, data combination and manipulation and impactful visual communications. This individual will be a key liaison with internal stakeholders and external vendors. The individual must have strong primary/secondary research and technical expertise, project management skills and demonstrate aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and manage end-to-end research design, execution, analysis and presentation of recommendations for studies that address the customer journey and key strategic objectives.
- Develop research proposals; understand business unit's objectives, scope projects, develop appropriate methodologies to meet objectives, and pricing.
- Devise questionnaires and/or moderator guides, program studies, and conduct focus groups or other ad hoc research.
- Analyze research data and insights that meet project objectives. Present clear, concise research findings to business unit partners utilizing strong strategic thinking and impactful visualization.
- Select and manage external research vendors that perform key strategic research studies as well as monitor panel selection.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, sociology, market research, statistics or related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 4-6 years of experience at a market research firm/agency, research vendor, or managing consumer insights in-house.
- Strong proficiency in the following:
- Segmentation, analytics, customer journey mapping, research, testing methodologies & recruitment, focus groups, attitude and usage studies, data integration and vendor management, brand positioning, creative concept, data manipulation and combination, visualization of insights.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficiency in statistical analysis (e.g., regression, cluster analysis, correlation analysis).
- Experience with advanced concepts in quantitative research (e.g., conjoint analysis, discrete choice).
- Experience conducting qualitative research (e.g, focus groups & clinics).
- Strong expertise in visualization tools (e.g, Tableau).
- Knowledge of other research tools (e.g., Qualtrics).
- Experience in applying statistical design and significance testing.
- Experience in leveraging advanced analytics in developing insights and recommendations preferred.
- Strong proficiency in statistical analysis or data mining software (e.g., R, Weka) preferred.
- Experience conducting ethnographic research or design thinking process preferred.