JOB SUMMARY: Organize and establish effective Project management; coordinate and manage creative design decisions and construction document production; avoid contractclaims and disputes; minimize change orders during construction phases; effectively manage changes in the Project; eliminate interface disruptions between project participants; maintain, and where possible improve the Project schedule and budget; insure quality design and construction work; emphasize ‘hands-on’ management of field operations; maintain operational use of completed facilities during continuation of construction; establish and maintain a competent and experienced staff; implement efficient and timely document control. Provides engineering direction, guidance, oversight and acts as the SME for the design, and constructability of one or more of the following disciplines Facility Mechanical, Electrical, BMS/FAC, Plumbing and Civil systems resort wide, from infrastructure concept design through vertical build out of all MEP systems. This includes all areas of the resort not limited to a specific parcel or land.
- Pre-Construction Phase: Becomes familiar with the Creative concept package and assists with the management of the construction documents with the Facility Design Manager and the Architect/Engineering Firms. Manage the pre-qualification and evaluation of potential construction vendors. Reviews and approves the general contractors, site/construction sequence and logistics plan. Approves, site lay down and access plan for the projects.
- Design Phase: Participates with the Facility Design Manager on the review of all of the various design phase submittals from the outside architects/engineers and show vendors. Reviews design documents for construction, completeness, corrections, and coordination and compile a list of comments. Reviews the existing facility status to evaluate what potential issues need to be addressed by the design documents. Manages the weekly design progress review meetings. Works closely with and provides design direction to MEP and Civil design firms, provides solutions and guidance on design preferences. Leads bi-weekly RFI meetings and tracks completion. Provides guidance on MEP specifications and develops preferred equipment lists for bidding purposes. Evaluates technical submittals during the procurement phase to ensure equipment selection meets specification. Engages with potential equipment suppliers to ensure the vendors can met the quality and quantity requirements set by UO. Manages the ICR process, presents ICR’s with required information to senior leadership for decision making, documenting all changes in design with cost associated.
- Management: Manages team of Mechanical, Electrical, ELV or Civil engineers both locally and internationally.
- Construction Phase: Manages the daily, weekly, and monthly area meetings of the general contractors with the project team and documents the results in Daily/Weekly/Monthly meeting minutes. Manages the evaluation and settlement of all change order requests. Manages all requiredconstruction management processes including but not limited to: RFI’s, Shop drawings, Directives, Submittals, Punch Lists, Short Form Agreements and other documents as required. Evaluates all progress payment and conducts all related walk-through and inspections. Updates the Project Director on the progress of the overall Facility Budget and schedule including all potential cost and schedule impacts. Attends monthly project financial reviews with Project Director to address all trends, risks and forecasts for budget and schedule. Manages all third-party construction development and reports results. Manages all facility and constructing progress in accordance with the masterschedule. Monitors Change or Delays to constructionschedule. This includes but is not limited to evaluation of Contractors schedule performance and schedule coordination with other groups and departments. Develops a Three (3) week look ahead and monthly overall schedule updates and develops recovery plans if schedule variances evolve. Schedules and attend equipment manufacturers factory acceptance testing and all contractor required mock-up inspections to ensure appropriate parties are present for sign-off.
- Closeout Phase: Manages overall punch list and close out process for the facility. Reviews all final submittals from the contractor for all close out documentation including, but not limited to Shop Drawings, Submittals, as-builts, Warranties, Lien Waivers, etc. Prepares the overall project post mortem for the Facility. Monitors quality assurance of Project. This includes but is not limited to daily walks through the facility construction to monitor progress and developments to ensure that the work being accomplished is in accordance with the contract documents. Numerous questions and clarifications evolve from these reviews and need to be documented and resolved.
- Management Report Duties: Prepares progress reports. This includes but is not limited to monthly status and progress reports to the Project Director. These reports feed into the overall attraction monthly update presented to senior management.
SCOPE: Non-routine; general policies applied to frequently changing situations.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering is required.
EXPERIENCE: 10-15 Years: Experience working in either design/engineering, construction management or construction firms dealing both with entertainment design and construction management; also experience dealing with large scale construction projects along or with experience in working in various positions with a general contractor dealing with estimating, budgeting, bidding, field experience dealing with all aspects of projects required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.