The Senior Manager, Compliance Operations is a critical member of the Compliance Operations team. This position is responsible for leading the implementation of various special projects as directed by the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Compliance Officer. Such projects include implementing special audit protocols, overseeing development of significant new policies and processes and development of new training programs, some or all of which are driven by changes in the external risk environment or new regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will develop and implement the overall project plans for these projects and assign tasks and monitor progress against those tasks as well as prepare reports summarizing status and progress of such projects.
The Senior Manager, Compliance Operations serves as a day-to-day project manager for implementation and oversight of special projects which may be driven by changes in external risk environment or new regulatory requirements, including:
- Ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are implemented;
- Ensuring that training and education occurs consistent with the special project plan;
- Assisting the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer and the Chief Compliance Officer in developing and implementing a risk assessment and mitigation program;
- Assisting the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer in reviewing and enhancing the Company’s process to conduct appropriate screening and background checks for employees, contract workers and vendors, where appropriate; and
- Assisting the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer and the Chief Compliance Officer in the preparation of reports summarizing any of the special projects overseen by the Senior Manager, Compliance Operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant knowledge and understanding of compliance matters, particularly with regard to interaction with healthcare professionals, fraud and abuse, anti-kickback and other compliance matters.
- Ability to develop and effectively implement a project plan across the company and ensure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Ability to oversee and manage cross-functional issues and projects with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Ability to assign tasks, set deadlines and monitor and summarize progress of completion of those tasks.
- Ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and priorities and manage heavy workload.
- Ability to manage external consultants and vendors engaged to assist in conducting special projects.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as the circumstances require.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Position may be based in Philadelphia, PA or Palo Alto, CA.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Minimum of 3 years’ industry-related experience in healthcare corporate compliance with demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and teams.
- Experience working under a corporate integrity agreement preferred.