Purpose of Job:
The incumbent is responsible for the ongoing oversight of the Business Analysis Team supporting the Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) Program and Applications within Global Compliance Management.
This includes supporting business analysis activities, resolution of complex, multi-dimensional business problems, application support, managing projects to implement solutions to meet business needs and providing ongoing technical support to Global Compliance and related business lines.
- Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of Global Compliance by applying business and technological knowledge to perform analysis and provide recommendations to the design of methodologies, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions, developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
- Manage multi-disciplinary projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, securing, and scheduling resources, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, preparing business case proposals, developing testing, conversion, and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, managing vendor relationship and deliverables, monitoring progress against planned objectives, reviewing financials, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
- Provide business support to Global Compliance and related business lines including ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and designing and implementing systems enhancements.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the business strategies and policies, Global Compliance practices and methodologies, regulatory requirements and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the user groups.
- Effectively manage and supervise business analysis staff (including contractors) by setting clear objectivies and performance expectations, monitoring performance, providing performance feedback including the preparation of performance appraisals, and as needed, providing counsel and coaching. This also includes assisting in the recruitment of qualified business analysis staff.
- Faciliates the optimization of business unit performance
- The incumbent must have previous experience working in a Banking and/or Compliance/Regulatory environment and must be familiar with the Agile process. Knowledge of current and anticipated regulatory requirements is preferred.
- The incumbent must be a creative, self starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional. The incumbent needs to be able to multi-task and work in a diverse and fast pace environment and able to absorb new concepts quickly.
- Further, the incumbent must be a strong leader with excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation from both users and senior management. These skills, along with the incumbent's excellent project management and organizational skills, will allow the incumbent to manage multi-disciplinary projects while planning, securing, and scheduling resources, within those projects, to optimize productivity.
- The incumbent must also possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development lifecycle and techniques, and keep current with rapidly changing technology to effectively applytechnology to the solution of a business problem. This knowledge must also be applied to assist the Director in establishing future technological solutions for the area.
- A recognized under-graduate degree in business administration, computer science, information systems or a related discipline, along with 6 to 8years of relevant experience is required. Requires prior management, supervisory or team leader experience
- Experience with Thomson Reuters Connect and TRRI - preferred.
Requisition ID: 20436