Accuray is searching for a hands-on Senior Manager Compensation and Benefits with a strong background in overall global compensation programs including executive pay and sales compensation. This position will be responsible for end-to-end program management, delivery, and administration on a global basis of our rewards programs. Priorities for this position include management of our global job architecture, job profiles and competency models, and overseeing our global sales compensation plandesign process and further development of our benefits and wellness programs.
This position requires a good mix of hands-on, operational and design experience, as well as a solid working knowledge of employment laws and regulations. Candidates must have demonstrated project management experience, and the ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines. The Senior Manager of Compensation & Benefits will be expected to evaluate current compensation and benefits programs and strategize with executives and the broader HR Team on how they can be optimized to support a high-performance culture.
Key Success Factors:
• Advanced knowledge in overall global compensation and benefits with high level of attention to detail and collaborative style to quickly establish credibility to partner effectively with business leaders and HR colleagues.
• Strong project and program management skills with a proven history of driving continuous improvement in overall administration and team management.
• Ability to articulate the rationale and value of the compensation and benefits programs effectively, verbally and in writing, to all levels of the employee population
• Manage and overall administer our global compensation and benefits programs including policies, processes and communications. Ensure the programs are market competitive and aligned with business goals and consistently administered and in compliance with company policies and government regulations. Establish a rigor to project management and roll out strategy so that roles and expectations are clearly defined to ensure deliverables are met with pristine execution.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies, guidelines, architecture and procedures with recommendations and plans for changes to drive best practices.
• Benchmark global sales incentives plans and ensure the overall program design is competitive. Collaborating with key functional leaders to align and propose plan modifications as needed.
• Support and administer executive compensation programs to include working closely with outside compensation vendors for program management, benchmark analysis, and compensation committee general administration.
• Lead the annual salary administration and bonus and equity planning process. Develop project plan and calendar and define roles and responsibilities. Ensure online tools are prepared to support the project; prepare comprehensive report of findings and develop executive summary presentation for review with Management.
• Review benchmark surveys, analyze competitive market data and develop recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures and bonus targets as appropriate; propose salary increase budgets on global basis.
• In connection with broker, research and develop strategy for all benefit programs. Prepare qualitative and quantitative analytics to support development of cost-effective benefit programs, including proposals for program changes, utilization, vendor performance, trends and program analysis. Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
• Design and deliver compensation and benefits programs that are well understood and valued by managers and employees; develop comprehensive communications and training materials
• Provide expertise and guidance to other members of the HR team; advise HR and Managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, job evaluations and provide creative solutions to complex problems.
• Provide leadership and overall management for team administering the compensation, benefits and or HR systems.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, with advanced degree and/or CCP designation highly preferred.
• 7+ years direct experience including a strong emphasis on global compensation and benefits administration • Demonstrated competencies in driving continuous improvement, high level of attention to detail, and project/program management.
• Advanced level analytical and creative problem-solving skills including statistical analysis and modeling skills along with experience with online salary management tools; Workdayexperience a plus.
• Advanced level global rewards program design skills including: competitive global rewards practices and delivery models, global job architectures and development of job profiles – including technical career ladders and associated development programs.
• Demonstrated and effective verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and customer service skills in dealing with senior management along with all levels of employees and cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training material within the scope of this role
• Proven experience in managing competing priorities with little direction in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated ability to assess business needs and recommend rewards programs that align with those needs.
• Flexible and creative, comfortable with ambiguity, organized and detail oriented in an environment where accuracy is essential.
• Preferred: experience in leading and motivating engaged teams.