- Create, implement and manage all compensation, benefits and wellness programs. Evaluate the effectiveness of the programs, policies, guidelines, architectures and procedures in place. Recommend new programs, plan and manage them and make updates and revisions to current programs.
- Lead the development and implementation of all compensation and benefits programs. Ensure the alignment of these programs with the employees and culture strategy of WSP Canada.
- Partner with senior executives to tailor compensation and benefits strategies to drive growth, attract and retain talent, and promote a high performance culture.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Employees and Culture teams to identify and manage new and current trends and issues in total rewards.
- Provide advice on best practices, analysis of industry trends, legislative issues and market competitiveness across the company.
- Work with the People & Culture and Operations group teams to execute and communicate key programs to team managers and employees to engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Manage benchmarking, design and implementation of compensation and benefits programs.
- Evaluate the financial implications of the compensation and benefits program.
- Monitor compensation structures and competitive markets and make recommendations on updates to job architecture, salary structures and bonus programs. Manage the annual compensation planning program.
- Monitor applicable compensation, pension, health and welfare laws and government regulations to ensure compliance with compensation and benefits programs.
- Work with financial and legal services as appropriate.
- Lead or participate in special initiatives and ensure that processes, projects and tasks are implemented efficiently and fairly.
- Establish and build consistent and effective professional relationships . Create a positive and productive work environment, delegate effectively by providing continuous feedback in a constructive manner, conduct effective performance meetings and encourage constructive criticism from subordinates and peers.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following experience, skills, characteristics and abilities:
- Be bilingual (French and English), written and spoken.
- Have obtained a bachelor's degree in administration, human resources, actuarial science or any other related field.
- Have more than ten years of experience in compensation and benefits, including at least five years in a managerial position.
- Have worked in a large organization with multiple locations.
- Demonstrate a strong strategic business sense and common sense to know how to manage different projects simultaneously and privilege the practice and the comfort to carry out tactical tasks.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills as well as a proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrate high responsiveness and a customer service oriented approach and have the ability and willingness to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of and external customers while respecting .
- Proven track record in building and developing a team of highly motivated, competent professionals capable of effectively supporting the organization.
- Have a broad, experienced understanding of the compensation and benefits environment, including comprehensive knowledge of compensation and benefits laws and regulations.
- Have a results-oriented approach and possess good analytical and problem-solving skills .
- Have experience in market perspectives within the company through different networks in order to tailor programs as needed so that they contribute, in practice, to improving business results the company.
- Have experience in managing third-party providers (insurers, administrators, financial institutions), for example in administration of requests for proposals, in management, in competitive bids and in performance guarantees.
- To be able to collaborate within a team by demonstrating great capacities of supervision and advice, and by being accessible, open and transparent.