The Senior Manager, Communications is responsible for developing and executing Global Banking and Markets' (GBM) internal and external communication plans to support GBM's business strategies, goals and priorities and providing communications counsel and support to GBM executives, senior management and teams across various GBM strategic initiatives.
The role contributes to the overall success of Global Banking and Markets (GBM) through the management of complex and strategic communications initiatives. The incumbent will deliver these by working with internal partners, peers, external agencies and vendors.
The Senior Manager also works to enhance communications both within the business and between the other business lines and the Bank as a whole.
- Global Banking and Markets (GBM) provides corporate, government and institutional investor clients with corporate banking, investment banking, capital markets and transaction banking solutions. GBM is a full-service wholesale bank and investment dealer in Canada and Mexico, and offers a range of products and services in the U.S., the Pacific Alliance, as well in select markets in Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Aligning GBM Communications with Global Communications and all Bank plans and priorities
- Significant geographical complexity (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific region) operating in 3 primary languages.
- GBM has approximately 5,000 employees globally.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills, with strong accuracy and attention to details.
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience in a communications role, preferably in financial services or a regulated industry. The incumbent must have sufficient expertise to provide sound, actionable communications counsel to senior business line management, human resources and support business line strategy, marketing and communications teams.
- Accurate and detail oriented, with excellent analytic and creative skills. Must be proactive and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of the importance of the regulatory environment and the role of regulation in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Minimum undergraduatedegree in English, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration, Marketing Communications or a related discipline; a post-graduate certificate in Public Relations is an asset.
Requisition ID: 22995