Reporting to the Kendall Square Site Lead for Site Affairs and External Partnership, this role will support the development and implementation of internal site communication and colleague engagement strategies. The position will work closely with the Director for Internal and External Communications, and other communication leads’ based here in Cambridge to develop communication materials in support of the Kendall Square site. This individual will be responsible tomaintaining the Kendall Square Sharepoint site and Weekly Dose communication newsletter.
Reporting to the PFE Kendall Square Site Lead for Site Affairs and External Partnership, the Senior Manager of Communications is responsible for planning, managing and executing communications programs designed to enhance the image of Pfizer Kendall Square both inside and outside of Pfizer. The Senior Manager collaborates with the PFE KSQ Leadership team (Cambridge, MA) and PFE Corporate Communications teams (NYC) to develop and/or implement strategies for a range of internal and external communication activities, including corporate, community and change management communications, and branding initiatives. S/he will be responsible for managing and implementing communications plans and materials that deepen colleague engagement/trust, and other site actions that accelerate site business performance and enhance, protect the PFE KSQ reputation.
- Develop long-term strategic plan and day-to-day management of an integrated Pfizer KSQ editorial program across multiple channels (e.g., Internal Newsletter, e-signs, email, etc.) for the KSQ site
- Manage editorial calendar ensuring balance across themes and in alignment with PFE KSQ goals, messaging and news.
- Grow KSQ PFE’s internal social media channels. Liaise with Corporate digital, media and WRD communications to identify opportunities to highlight PFE KSQ at Corporate level and support developing a broader interface with colleagues through Yammer and other social media formats.
- Refine PFE KSQ’s growing sharepoint site and generate content for and manage internal weekly newsletter by ensuring content is fresh, engaging, resonates with on-site colleagues, approved through legal and others as required and published on time.
- Responsible for researching and generating all content and publishing the site weekly newsletter, a central communication channel for all colleagues at the Kendall Square site
- Research, write, publish short/long-form articles, executive leadership emails, videos, infographics, powerpoint presentations, etc. and ensure clarity, accuracy, consistency, simplicity of language and news impact
- Responsible for the technical skills and working knowledge to manage technical aspects of the Site’s sharepoint and Weekly Dose publication
- Assess evolving WRD business strategy and related activities and conduct effective story mining across Site and other Pfizer functions to discover and develop news leads on an ongoing basis
- Implement globally driven internal communications’ efforts and plans site-wide, including corporate reputation, change management, cultural, reward and recognition, branding and other colleague engagement initiatives, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Site leaders to identify communication opportunities and to ensure consistent messaging across Research Units/Partner platforms.
- Prepare communication materials (e.g. slides, talking points) and manage logistical planning and follow up for site Town Hall meetings.
- Ensure seamless technology support by arranging for AV requirements and overseeing technology business partner relationships.
- Develop and distribute save-the-dates and meeting invitations.
- Develop and maintain a compelling Pfizer KSQ story, messaging and news flow for internal use.
- Partner with other members of the Site Affairs team to provide operational support for site events, activities and ad-hoc communications and reputation/branding requests from WRD Corporate.
- Partner with Site Affairs Director of External Outreach and Technology Platforms to develop communications that support developing and enhancing Pfizer KSQ’s connections with the local academic and biotech communities.
- Partner with Site Affairs Operations lead to support development of the Cambridge Outreach and Community Partnership donation strategy for the PFE Kendall Square Site, and implementation of colleague volunteer projects
- Establish a network and partner effectively with other Communication leads’ at the Kendall site and across WRD to achieve business objectives and continually strive to improve communication with site colleagues
- Manage and integrate where appropriate digital and social media into external communications planning. Liaise with Corporate digital, Media and WRD Communications to identify opportunities to highlight PFE KSQ at Corporate level and support developing a broader interface with prospective colleagues, current colleagues and others through LinkedIn, Facebookand other social media formats.
- Responsible for maintaining esigns and the Lobby video wall with timely, interesting and informative materials for both colleagues and visitors
- Lead various site-wide initiatives targeted for colleague engagement at the site and through community outreach
- Develop and maintain a compelling Pfizer KSQ story, messaging and news flow for external use.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
Minimum of 8-10 years of work experience in Communications; experience in the pharma, biotech sector or life sciences strongly desired; Preference for individual with experience in drug discovery or supporting scientific communications
Knowledgeable and experienced in digital and social media as a way to extend reach and impact to audiences
Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational skills, creativity and ability to consistently meet deadlines
Ability to multitask in a fast paced dynamic environment while being flexible to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs
Highly collaborative style; Intelligence and poise to work with scientists, researchers and executives