Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed.
With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American's Bond Division has been underwriting surety and fidelity bonds for over 90 years. Great American is known for expert underwriting, solid financial strength, market leadership and creative solutions to all bonding needs.
With a highly diverse product line, Great American is one of the top surety companies in the United States. The Bond Division is currently seeking a Senior Bond Manager in our Austin, TX office.
- This individual will be charged with managing and growing an established commercial surety business in the Western U.S. with professional staff located in Austin and Seattle.
- Responsibilities include creating new business opportunities with existing agent base, obtaining new agents, and developing new programs with agents.
- Has responsibility for risk selection/rejection, pricing, retention, growth and profitability decisions.
- Ensures business is priced in accordance with company guidelines.
- May conduct investigations of new and existing accounts.
- Ensures the appropriate utilization of underwriting, analysis and desktop systems.
- Assesses risk quality and compliance within company guidelines and may initiate appropriate loss prevention actions.
- Ensures appropriate reports are available accessed and appropriately used for rating and underwriting processes.
- Ensures effective business relationships with internal and external customers/co-workers are developed and maintained in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Ensures an adequate number of visits are conducted with producers and principals in order to retain existing accounts, build and maintain business relationships and develop new opportunities in support of divisional objectives.
- Has responsibility for the performance, development and coaching of staff and provides training for new members to the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 or more years of commercial surety underwriting experience, including at least 3 years of prior supervisory or management experience
- Must have strong communication skills to build and leverage excellent customer relationships and to successfully market products.
- This position is based in Austin, TX.