Position to provide financial leadership to business team requiring involvement in Sales, Marketing and Operational projects. Responsible for all of the financial requirements for a business segment within Appliances and Cookware division including financial management, forecasting, planning, reporting and analysis. Senior Finance Managersupports the team in meeting organizational goals, deliverables and deadlines. Position also supports Product Marketing, Channel, and Sales teams, providing timely and accurate financial information.
- Reviewing monthly operating results and providing analysis and commentary on variances between plan, forecast, prior year, or any other period as necessary
- Compilation and review of forecast submissions as necessary along with analysis and commentary on differences between the previous forecast, plan and prior year
- Review / analyze customer pricing, profitability and marketplace management
- Managing customer programs analysis and reconciliation
- Support new product development modeling
- Coordination of all financial control processes in accordance with accounting guidance
- Financial review of pricing decisions, promotions, and sourcing proposals
- Active assistance in the development and implementation of strategic plan initiatives/new business development
- Management of overall Advertising and Promotions forecast and plan process.
- Able to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- MBA preferred with 7+ years of progressive responsibility for financial analysis.
- A thorough understanding of financial statements and relationships between income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Very strong PC skills and proficiency with various applications; MS Excel, Hyperion, and SAP preferred
- Cross-functional teamwork experience and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Self-motivated in achieving goals and completing routine tasks
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Consumer Products Industry Experience a plus
Newell Brands is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, Aprica®, Goody®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Coleman®, First Alert®, FoodSaver®, Jostens®, K2®, NUK®, Oster®, Rawlings®, Sunbeam® and Yankee Candle®. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.