As a Senior Specialist Cloud/DevOps, the person will own the design, and implementation / migration of large & complex applications on Public Cloud. This is an exciting technical leadership position in charge of designing & building cloud infrastructure.
- Strategizing, designing and implementing highly efficient solution on Public Cloud (Amazon Web Services, Azure or GCP) for security, resilience, performant, networking, availability, Blue-green deployments in context of business application.
- Understand and recommend right Cloud services (IasS, PaaS or SaaS) for the solution / business applications
- Security Hardening of cloud infrastructure application/web server against known/unknown vulnerabilities.
- Expert in Capacity Planning Design, cost and effort estimations
- Experience in cloud comparison & recommendation
- Experience in Cloud (Public & Private) cost optimization
- Leverage CI best practices and tooling of Azure, AWS or Google
- Understands compliance, safe harbor and law of land
- Design for failover, high availability, MTTR , MTTF and MTBF
- Designing and set up automated backup and restoration of application/web servers/databases/datalakes to object storage like S3.
- Writing infrastructure as code for public or private clouds and implement modern cloud Integration architecture using –
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet or Ansible )
- SCM (TFS or GIT)
- CI tools (Jenkins or Bamboo)
- Azure Resource Manager, Cloud formation or Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Scripting language: Python, Bash and Shell
- Container services like ECS, ACS, GCE or Kubernetes
- Architecting and implementing end to end monitoring solution in cloud (Nagios, Zabbix, AppD, CWatch etc) including billing
- Must have understanding of SDLC
- Designing and implementing software engineering processes, improve efficiency
- Implementing shift left strategy
- Monitor application, systems and infrastructure health
- Report on business and processes metrics
- Balance governance, ownership and freedom against reliability
- Evaluate the undifferentiated heavy lifting of operating in house solutions versus adopting cloud native services
- Deliver best in class operations tooling & practices, including ci, cd and chatops
- Work closely with Security Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering and SRE
- Develop, motivate, empower, and evaluate individual contributors and grow their professional, leadership, and technical skills
- Overall experience of 12+ years in Infrastructure, Middleware Administration, and Cloud.
- 5+ years of working in Cloud (Public, & Private) with extensive knowledge on one or more Public Cloud.
- Delivery experience in solutioning, implementing or migrating a large CMS/E-commerce/Enterprise workload to Public Cloud.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, various platforms, tools and products and their respective applications
- Have worked in a client-facing role or at a client location
- Awareness of industry trends and directions and its impact on IT services
- Experience of working in/with multi-vendor, 3rd parties, and client teams
- Total knowledge of delivery management, various delivery models etc.
- Delivery, stakeholder & client management
Bachelor's/Master's degree(Science or Engineering preferred)
Career Level - Mid-Senior level
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession – combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness – enables us to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.