Adventist Information Technology Office
Be part of the Adventist Information Technology family.
Where you work matters. Working here is like being part of a family. Not just with those you serve, but also with your team members. It’s about making a difference, saving lives, and helping others live a fuller one. You’ll be joining a family of tens of thousands of team members who understand that what they do is bigger than healthcare. It is living out our mission to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ and being there for someone every step of the way-body, mind, and spirit.
This is more than a career. It is a calling.
With hospitals and facilities in 9 states, you’ll have endless opportunities to take your talents, develop your skills, and grow as a professional in a place that truly cares about your success. If you are driven, compassionate, someone who always wants to go above and beyond because you care and believe what you do makes a difference – Adventist Information Technology is for you.
The Senior Manager of Clinical Applications directs the Application team in planning, implementation, and support of small to large scale clinical IT projects. They will manage data and determine components that are suitable to build while maintaining alignment with industry standards. The Senior Manager will manage customer relationships, possess knowledge of business processes, be able to anticipate, assess and define potential customer needs and process improvement solutions, proactively collaborating with stakeholders within multiple venues. They facilitate and lead discussions and presentations with all levels of leadership, governance committees, physicians, clinicians and department staff. The Senior Manager will drive short and long-term strategies with oversight of projects and assignments and collaboration with leaders. They sorts priorities and accomplishes those of most importance to align with organizational goals and timeline. The Senior Manager develops direct reports by coaching, mentoring and training to enhance personal development and track performance to ensure a multi-skilled, cross-trained team that keeps current with technologies and industry trends.
What you will be responsible for:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs the Application team in planning, implementation, and support of small to large scale clinical IT projects for Central Florida Domain South. Manages data and determines components that are suitable to build while maintaining alignment with industry standards to maximize efficiency, standardization, quality, patient safety and compliance resulting in maximum value to the organization.
• Manage customer relationships, possess knowledge of business processes, able to anticipate, assess and define potential customer needs and process improvement solutions. Proactively collaborating with stakeholders within multiple venues, monitoring for satisfaction of customers to increase system effectiveness for end users.
• Drives short and long-term strategies. Oversight of projects and assignments, collaboration with leaders, sorts priorities and accomplishes those of most importance to align with organizational goals and timeline. Keeps director aware of project status, including any potential delays, situations concern that may impact project status.
• Leads incident escalation by directing analysis of issue, facilitating team analysis, communicating to impacted stakeholders to successfully mitigate or resolve the issue.
• Facilitates and leads discussions and presentations with all levels of leadership, governance committees, physicians, clinicians and department staff to present information appropriately and effectively.
• Develops direct reports by coaching, mentoring and training to enhance personal development and track performance to ensure a multi-skilled, cross-trained team that keeps current with technologies and industry trends. Holds recognition events to acknowledge high performance and team building events to build team morale. Ensures team is in compliance with all education requirements.
• Perform people management which includes to recruit, interview, select and hire per Adventist IT process. Ensures appropriate and exceptional resources to meet departmental productivity and quality goals. Ensure succession plan in place for key resources.
• Contributes to the Adventist IT workplace culture. Acts as a role model to inspire team to aim towards values around mission, quality, consumer centered, consistency, openness, and simplicity. Participates in internal and/or external training programs to stay current with new trends in healthcare information systems.
• Manage the preparation and maintenance of documents and reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department including metrics, managed documents, performance improvement, financial and contractual. To monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement and overall effectiveness.
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Possess the leadership skills to positively contribute to organizational strategies, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and the delivery of quality service outcomes in a large healthcare system
• Strong communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to present complex information both orally and in writing
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise in clinical information systems, with preference for Cerner EMR applications
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Mature interpersonal skills that positively affect collaborative relationships and building consensus across the organization
• Demonstrates superb skills in leading teams including the ability to mentor staff and emerging leaders, supervise activities of large groups of direct and/or indirect reports to meet deadlines
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Healthcare operations
• Information Technology
• Finance and Budget
• Project management principles
• Vendor and contract management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Information Technology, Computer Sciences or a relevant field
• Minimum of five years of experience in an Information Technology or Professional Healthcare role
• Minimum of three years in a leadership or mentoring role
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Master’s in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration
• Healthcare institutional education followed by practical workflow experience in a healthcare facility
• IT education or related certification followed by practical experience in a healthcare facility
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Member of one professional organization related to job responsibilities.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Healthcare licensure or certification
• Certified Six Sigma Greenbelt
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS) or Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.