The Senior Manager, Culture Strategy is a key member of the Strategy team, contributing to the overall success and achievement of the all-Bank Strategy by supporting the design and implementation of culture transformation across the bank. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Senior Manager will support the VP and Director of the Culture Strategy team in driving a noticeable, high-impact culture shift across the organization.
In doing this, the Senior Manager will conduct research, perform strategic and business analysis, manage stakeholder relationships, and develop plans and compelling recommendations that support the shift in mindset and behavior changes required.
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Support the development and implementation of the Bank-wide Culture strategy, strategic priorities and long term vision
- Conduct research and analysis to uncover root cause mindsets and identify shifts critical to the change
- Contribute to the development of an Enterprise-wide roadmap that incorporates existing and new culture-related initiatives
- Prepare workstream plans for enterprise-wide initiatives to ensure deliverables and timelines are met
- Manage multiple project workstreams, including leading problem solving sessions, workshops and interviews with cross-functional working team members and subject matter experts
- Coordinate with Performance and Inclusion COE, Customer Focus COE and other stakeholders in various areas of the Bank to ensure initiatives maximize performance impact
- Work with Global Communications to design and execute specific communication activities / campaigns
- Help build and engage a network of culture change agents across the Bank to build support and enthusiasm around the effort
Track and monitor progress of Culture strategy efforts
- Assist with design, development and implementation of PMO to track Enterprise performance on culture initiatives. Organize regular PMO meetings to report on progress and assist with meeting facilitation
- Contribute to the creation and development of metrics and reports/dashboard to ensure reporting continues to be informative and impactful
Support the development of the Bank’s Culture center of excellence by engaging with stakeholder network to find and highlight examples of excellence within the Bank. Be a source of knowledge for Culture change ideas and best practices.
Conduct external research to develop subject expertise on driving impactful corporate culture, including competitor strategies and industry best practices
Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the Bank-wide Culture strategy, applicable to all 89,000 employees globally
- Manages Culture strategy projects and initiatives, to be implemented globally, to all Business Lines
- Work directly with Senior Leadership at the Bank, including Executive Culture Champions.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- Spanish is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ business experience. Experience may have been gained in a bank, within any large industry-leading firm with a diverse employee base, organizational complexity and inherent bureaucracy (e. g. insurance, telecom, pharmaceutical, retail) or as a management consultant within an organization’s practice or a management consulting firm.
- Very strong strategic and tactical planning skills and implementation/project management skills
- Knowledge of change management (and what it takes to move/inspire a broad work force).
- Must be fairly conversant in discussions around market research, data analysis and performance metrics.
- Excellent communicator with strong attention to detail, corporate presence and the ability to foster/encourage participation.
- Possess intellectual curiosity around ‘best-in-class’ practices (inside and outside the Bank).
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travelinternationally.
Requisition ID: 21092