The individual in this role takes ownership for all aspects of the company’s Client Support team. The Senior Manager of Client Support is responsible for the development and delivery of quality service and client satisfaction in order to meet the needs of the clients as well as overseeing transactions are processed timely and efficiently for our customers.
The Senior Manager takes a leadership role in setting service vision and direction, ensures the department creates the trusted advisor relationship with the client and customer by development and benchmark measures for team performance and establishes annual objectives which align with the company’s mission and vision, while living the brand promise “Service Never Rests”.
This position must interact with executive, senior-level leadership teams in relationship to client support, client issues, and champions process improvements, builds and expand relationships with key stakeholders in a way that improves client relationship and satisfaction, which leads to increased profitability for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the client support service delivery strategy and its execution and be accountable for the its performance, retention, customer satisfaction and reviewing expansion and improvement opportunities.
- Develop strategic operating efficiencies for the client support department and partner with the sales and marketing team to ensure updated information is published.
- Partner with the sales and marketing teams to maintain a strategic account plan for each client.
- Conduct strategic account review sessions with the client support staff; partner with the sales and marketing teams providing input that is used to create sales proposals, improve products and streamline business operations.
- Maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders within the organization, establish priorities, and allocate the client support team resources to the client to maximize client satisfaction.
- Assist with maintenance of client data within Salesforce.Com along with maintaining in-depth knowledge of client contracts and contract deliverables.
- Work closely with the sales team on contract renewals and determine the at-risk clients by developing plans to avoid contract termination.
- Assist the Client Support team in responses to client questions and resolve issues related to functions of the products and services we offer.
- Direct the staff on inquiries and calls, evaluating, investigating, and settling claims and complaints of clients ensuring the clients satisfaction in a suitable time period.
- Plan, formulate and develop client service policies and procedures.
- Daily direction and coordination the client service department activities to ensure effectiveness.
- Recommend changes of resource management based on demand and response trends; proactive resource planning is completed based on anticipated demand.
- Effectively manage client related issues with the technology and SAL systems to ensure delivery of quality availability.
- Assist with responses to competitive client RFPs and work closely with the sales and marketing team to accomplish this.
- Work with the implementation team to ensure the client support team participates in the new client on-boarding kickoff; direct and guarantee the client support team recognizes their role and participation in the client implementation process.
- Partner with the training department to conduct training seminars for clients, in order to achieve maximum client satisfaction and understanding of the benefit of our company products.
- Consistently improve quality metrics month over month through client based surveys.
- Ensure focus is given to quality in all interactions with the client by proper communication, effective coaching and training of client support team.
- Manage client support staff in relation to performance management and disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5 to 10 years equivalent and/or related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience communicating across departmental boundaries to ensure collaboration, efficiency and service excellence (i.e. interdepartmental communication).
- Experience conferring with diverse technical and functional groups at all levels of the enterprise to develop solutions and address issues.
- Excellent organizational, project and strategic planning abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies; team building, development, effective coaching, change management, organizational development.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret our system, financial reports, and Department of Education documents.
- Familiar with strategic account management and negotiation of service contracts with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve client issues, needs and demands with success at identifying up-sell opportunities.
- Effective communication and strong presentation skills related to account reviews and/or other high level business strategies to senior and executive teams.
- Strong business and financial acumen.