The Senior Manager, Client Management isresponsible for establishing deep, mutually beneficial and profitable, long lasting relationships with merchant accounts. By developing an in-depth understanding of the customers organization and industry andapplying knowledge of the merchant services business, Client Managers serve as consultants and customer advocates to provide strategic solutions to grow thepartnershipwith the merchant.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 80 cross industry merchant relationships in North and South Carolina
- Establish and build strong relationships through consistent interaction with merchants regarding their business model, industry, marketplace and the challenges they face.
- Elevate, deepen and broaden C-Level, Finance, IT and Marketing Relationships within portfolio and maintain a thorough and up to date understanding of merchants business and goals
- Provide proactive consultation that will expand client relationships, drive business growth and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop & execute strategic account plans for identified accounts to grow revenue, market share and increase profitability
- Increase American Express relevance by consistently & effectively communicating the value story.
- Track and evaluate business results and build new alliances with shared benefit for all partners
- Build and leverage relationships with internal network to efficiently execute against account growth plans
- Minimum of a college degree, MBA preferred
- Candidate must reside in Columbia, SC, be able to work in a virtual office environment with some overnight travelrequired.
- Strong track record of relationship management & consultative selling skills with a demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and deepen partnerships with customers, and identify and drive profitability within the portfolio.
- Candidate should have minimum of 5 years of proven success in strategic account management/sales and portfolio planning
- Strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills are required.
- Must be highly customer focused, a self-starter and a results-driven individual.
- Must have the ability to build a value proposition through effective probing and understanding of the customer’s business model in addition to strong presentation/negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility
- Excellent financial skills, strong qualitative and analytical skills and the ability to prepare financial analysis in order to support value propositions and support growth proposals.
- Proven success of influencing and collaborating with C-level decision makers
- Must possess excellent oral/written communication and be proficient in MS Office applications
A motor vehicle records check will be conducted for all successful candidates at the time of offer. Disclosure of all moving violations within the last 3 years (including but not limited to: Speeding Tickets, Refusal to submit to BAC (Blood Alcohol Content), Reckless Driving, Leaving the Scene of an Accident and Driver’s License Suspension for moving violations) is required during the application process
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.