Job Description and Responsibilities:
Wynn Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, specialty retail, award-winning dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.4 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth.
Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Wynn Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature pedestrian and bicycle paths that provide access to the harbor, an events lawn, picnic and public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Wynn Harbor Walk.
The Wynn Boston Harbor Senior Manager – Catering and Convention Services is responsible for generating Catering Sales revenue for the Resort with a focus in social catering sales and detailing of Hotel Sales convention agreements. The Senior Manager provides accurate and timely event information to the various Resort and Food & Beverage departments regarding group program details to provide outstanding guest experience with maximum effectiveness for the Resort.
- Ensures all Wynn Boston Harbor core values, property and department standards are implemented and upheld. Wynn Resorts core values include:
- Care about everyone and everything
- Show never ending attention to detail
- Take responsibility; don't leave it to others
- Always strive to be better
- Complies with all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Details and upsells Hotel Sales convention group contracts, produces convention Group Resumes, manages room inventory for group room blocks, meets all contractdeadlines to ensure smooth on-site operation of convention program.
- Consistently maintains five star rating on post-convention surveys and embodies model behavior for department colleagues.
- Well versed in Delphi sales application and all functionalities.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Wynn contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities as an ambassador of the Wynn brand
- Achieves or exceeds monthly Catering only sales goals.
- Generate Catering Sales by daily prospecting via email, phone, canvassing, and hosted lunch and learns.
- Develop and grow relationships with key accounts to maximize sales potential.
- Review of hotel facilities and services with client; conduct site inspections
- Coordination of meeting requirements, create and distribute Meeting Event Orders to appropriate departments and staff.
- Experience selling to a wide cross section of channels (i.e. corporate, medical, athletics, bridal, education, retail, etc.) with a focus on B2B sales.
- Utilizes knowledge of local/regional sales opportunities to drive group sales and event catering revenue.
- Motivate, teach, and coach Managers to develop sales strategies and tactics that grow business.
- Possess strong creative and analytical skills to create and assess impact of sales and marketing programs.
- Provide regular sales updates on production achievement
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experiencerequired.
Minimum 5 years of Hotel Catering and Convention Services experiencerequired, 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.