Job Details: Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Under the direction of the VP of Revenue Cycle, the Senior Manager of Cash Posting is responsible for direct supervision the cash posting team staff and the efficient and timely processing and reconciliation of SMG cash receipts, point of service receipts, refunds and other assigned departmental functions.
This position requires strong attention to detail, distribution of work to direct reports, analysis of work tasks and assignments, reconciliation of charges, tracking of collections and payments from individuals as well as third party payers. This role supervises daily work flow and month end processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversight of all cash posting activities and reconciliation of cash receipts at all SMG sites and locations
• Coordination and reporting of the overall daily cash position
• Perform daily activities for cash projection worksheets
• Perform/oversee account reconciliations
• Oversight of investigation and resolution of unpostable transactions
• Coordination, standardization and documentation of policies and procedures related to cash intake and controls
• Assist practices with set up in SMG and with bank supplies as needed
• Processing and reconciliation of bank deposits
• Facilitate coordinate of courier activities
• Oversee resolution of help desk tickets
• Onboard new practices with respect to time of service collections, bank reconciliations, courier service, deposits and Athena set-up
• Process necessary refunds per policy and in an accurate and timely manner
• Tracking, identification and resolution of payments received by third parties in error
• Initiation of outgoing EFT's and wire transfers, ensuring proper authorizations are on file prior to processing
• Prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting transactions as necessary
• Contribute to and participate in annual financial and other audits are necessary
• Communicate and follow up with other departments and vendors to resolve account reconciliation and other issues
• Develop reports and tools as required to monitor daily productivity and workflow to assure staff is operating at peak performance levels in all areas. Hold staff accountable to these expectations.
• Perform other duties and completes special projects as assigned
• Work with accounting to reconcile bank accounts and non-patient cash collections and post other revenue
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to interact with physicians, including Department Chairmen, and all levels of management
• Demonstrated skills in business analysis and/or financial systems
• Ability to use MS Excel, and other financial management software packages, for complex modeling and analysis
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
• 7-10 years of cash management and accounting experience, preferably with a healthcare provider or other healthcare related entity