- Uptime Management: managing service execution to performance metrics (10%).
- Revenue and Cost (P&L) Management: meeting and exceeding departmental financial goals (30%).
- Low-cost Service and Proactive Discovery: close and early teaming with Sales for future business, discovering and defining local resource alternatives, investing margin efficiencies to leverage Service & Sales; discovering other service business opportunities outside core maintenance (20%).
- Cross Functional Management: effective teaming with peers and other non-sales functional groups in the company to accomplish (1), (2), and (3) above. PMR responsibility for major accounts (10%).
- People Management and Development: Ensuring on-going effectiveness of your team utilization, which may consist of one or more each of the following: FS Leads, FS Engineers (30%).
You will oversee and direct the input of your respective teams’ validation and review of documentation and procedures and recommend solutions to improve our methods and supporting processes with a focus on efficiency, safety and cost savings; in line with the Service and Rapiscan / AS&E mission, goals and policies:
- Work through the Director of Training & Technical Support to document and improve processes and recommend items that are candidates for Quick Start Guide procedures.
- Work through the Director of Training & Technical Support to provide feedback on the content of Operator and Service manuals and make improvement recommendations when needed.
- Work with management to improve business related processes.
- Provide issues/lessons learned information when required to supplement the Technical Support Field Service Review Board process to support continuous improvements to company processes and procedures, and drive product enhancements/improvements.
- Focus on costs savings by planning and arrangingtravelaccommodations as soon as practical.
- Travel is to be booked via Rapiscan | AS&E approved travel agencies and utilizing Rapiscan | AS&E securitytravel provider.
- Compliance to Rapiscan | AS&E policy and approvals for High Risk Countries is required.
- Detail plans to improve execution of Service, revenue and margin from business tools and lessons learned.
- Possess the willingness and flexibility to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
- Work independently to plan and arrange travel accommodations within Rapiscan | AS&E guidelines.
- Possess the flexibility and capability to deal with sudden changes (i.e. customer schedules, flight delays, on site weather delays etc.).
- Maintain and organize expense receipts and work independently to manage administrative tasks, including the timely submission of expenses and other administrative reporting as required.
- The ability to obtain site passes, clearances and Visas as required to carry out job responsibilities.
- Maintain valid passport and credit card as required to support business travel.
- Understand and comply with company travel policy, including securitytravel.
- Ability to pass company background checks, and maintain good standing.
- Minimum 7-10 years (or equivalent experience) of supporting complex capital equipment in a service capacity is required. Previous X-Ray systems experience a plus.
- A. or B.S. in Electronic Technology or Engineering with Mechanical Engineeringexperience.
- Technical degree or, demonstrable mechanical ability and knowledge.
- Previous experience may be substituted for the Technical Degree.
- Ability to effectively manage both technical and administrative functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (Spanish fluency a must).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of Oracle/Navision workflow management systems or similar ERP system.
- Must be able to work independently and make logical decisions based upon Rapiscan | AS&E guidelines.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.