Join VillageMD as a Senior Manager, Care Management Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation Why VillageMD?
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Senior Manager, Care Management to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
As a Senior Manager of Care Management, you will provide direct oversight and leadership to multi-disciplinary care management staff that enables our organization to deliver exceptional patient and provider experiences. Could this be you?
Integral to our Care Management team, the Senior Manager, Care Management will be accountable for the daily execution of operations and outcomes working with and through care management team members. As a new member of our team, you'll initially spend time gaining a broad understanding of the current state of care management across our markets but will be expected to make a quick impact through coaching and developing our teams, as well as redesigning our care model to optimize patient outcomes. How you can make a difference
Skills for success
- Collaborating on the design, implementation and monitoring of care management orientation
- Ensuring the assigned care management teams and programs meet/exceed expected quality outcomes as well as financial, productivity, operations and patient experience targets. Key initiatives include high risk care management, transitional care management, post-acute care utilization and relationship management.
- Maintaining responsibility for team competency and ongoing development
- Traveling two days per week within Chicago and Northern Indiana markets to assigned clinic locations to engage with practices, as well as on-site supervision, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Providing technology and systems support and issue resolution when necessary
- Managing staff performance including development and deployment of staff, improvement plans and coaching when necessary
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary health care teams across medical practices and VillageMD to execute care management responsibilities
- Providing oversight of Care Management, Social Work and Care Coordination team members
- Implementing and scaling evidence-based practices and appropriate standards of care to drive improved clinical outcomes and increased patient satisfaction, focused on high risk populations, including COPD and CHF
Experience to drive change
- Detail oriented with strong prioritization and time management skills
- Proven leadership competency including the ability to motivate and develop teams
- A service-based approach to VillageMD provider partners and their care teams
- Ability to analyze data and translate insights to improve performance across quality and cost indicators
- Leveraging both quantitative and qualitative metrics to drive results
- Superior relationship skills with the ability to craft meaningful partnerships
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage with staff and leaders at different levels of the organization
- Positive attitude with a solution-oriented approach and a comfort working within ambiguity
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through communication and doing what you say you will do
How you will thrive
- Bachelor's degree required, nursing preferred
- 8+ years in care management and/or previous value-based care leadership experiences in an ambulatory, managed care, or health system setting
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing large staff across multiple sites; including performance management and complex issues
- Knowledge and experience working with primary care providers
- Experience working with Skilled Nursing Facilities and/or Home Health Care Operations
- Business and financial acumen including the ability to plan for and manage to financial targets
- Experience working within at least one electronic medical records program and comfort with learning new systems to support patient care
- Appropriate working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients. Our unique VillageMD culture - how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Explore your future with VillageMD today.