Introduction about the BusinessNovelis is the leading producer of flat-rolled aluminum products and the world’s largest recycler of aluminum. We work alongside our customers to provide innovative solutions to the beverage can, automotive and high-end specialty markets; and we serve some of the largest and best-known brands in the world, such as Coca-Cola, ABInBev, The Ford Motor Company, JaguarLandRover, LG and Samsung. Operating an integratednetworkof technically advanced rolling and recycling facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Novelis leverages its global manufacturing and recycling footprint to deliver consistent, high-quality products around the world. A commitment to sustainability is core to our business operations and extends to how we partner with stakeholders across the aluminum value chain. We see tremendous opportunities in continuing to expand the use of lightweight, infinitely recyclable aluminum to help our customers achieve their sustainability goals and provide consumers the environmentally friendly products they enjoy.
Role Overview: The Senior Manager, Can & Specialties is responsible for the development, management & execution of Platform technologies for these two aluminum market segments. As a key part of our customer-centric innovation system, this technology leadership position directly drives customer satisfaction through the delivery of innovative, leading edge, technical solutions. The Senior Manager must be up to date with emerging trends in the beverage can market and selected high performing sector of the Specialties market. Works with the global R&D teams in Germany and South Korea to provide focus and consistency to our research work. Responsibilities:This position will initially beresponsible for bringing disciplined project management and technical problem solving to highly complex projects that are the highest priority for our business partners. The establishment of key Platformtechnologieswill be a subsequent development focus. Key deliverables include the following:
- Develop high performance partnerships and diverse teams that create market leading products and processes
- Drive efficient execution through the collaboration of technical, operations and commercial teams on a regional and/or global basis
- Manage customers’ technical relationships to maximize confidence and collaboration
- Deliver the key milestones on schedule, scope and budget
- Implement disciplined methods for problem solving that involves a diverse set of experts
- Tactical project and strategic program planning
- Develop proposals for capability improvements in R&D and production (e.g. people, skills, equipment, processes, etc.)
- Ensures new technology is protected through a strong partnership with the Novelis legal team
- Demonstrated leadership experience driving innovation achievements.
- A minimum of 15years of relevant work experience is required.
- A minimum of 7 years managing technical projects
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Material Science or Metallurgy. Otherengineering or science degrees combined with work experience may be considered.
Facilities, Amenities or Infrastructure:The Novelis Global Research & Technology Center (NGRTC) is located in Kennesaw, Georgia, and serves as the global hub for Novelis’ extensive research and development activities. This location serves as the central point for all of Novelis’ technical activities worldwide, including R&D, engineering, and environmental, health and safety. Areas of Focus: - Automotive – Testing of formability, surface treatments, tailoring methods, assembly, process speed and stability, metallurgy, recycling, cleaning, pre-treatment, bonding, joining and modeling - Beverage Cans – Fundamental research, enabling development, product and process innovation, technical assistance and analytical services and engineering, design and modeling services for can forming, full can pilot line - Specialties – Testing of durability, heat transfer, design flexibility, surface finishes, weight and strength, cost, lifecycle carbon footprint, recycling, cleaning and pre-treatment - Rolling – Plant problem solving, assessment of global standards, training innovation, pilot rolling facility and modeling Site Capabilities: - Materials development and testing laboratories - Beverage can production pilot line - Hot and Cold aluminum rolling mill - Surface treatment pilot line for finishing automotive aluminum sheet