Charles Schwab Investment Management is responsible for managing the Schwab mutual funds and Schwab ETFs. CSIM manages over $300 billion dollars in money market, equity, and fixed income products. The objective of the CSIM Business Analysis team is to gain in-depth business knowledge to successfully represent the business community in arriving at technical solutions that lead business strategies through implementation. The team also participates in the day-to-day support of CSIM applications. The CSIM BA team plays an important role in ensuring that the CSIM user community has the tools it needs to manage over $300 billion in assets.
This Sr. Manager position within CSIM Technologyreports directly to the Managing Director and will provide leadership for the Business Analysts covering the investment operations areas including Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management, Trading, Trading Operations, Finance, Performance, and the Policies & Controls team.
What you’ll do:
This is a technology lead role based in Denver, CO, managing the investment process Business Analyst team including the coordination, prioritization and communication across the business product areas. It will include working on projects that build and realize the strategy for the investment teams supporting the dynamic needs of the CSIM business.
The Business Analyst Senior Manager is responsible for:
- The hands-on development and management of both full time employees and contractors, including the vendor relationships with partner firms.
- Establishing and directing the strategic and tactical goals for the team, working with others at CSIM Technology to build a client driven technology organization improving the software quality, platform and technology service provided to the CSIM business.
- This role will join the BA group responsible for investment related systems and will primarily participate in the development of the portfolio management, trading and back-office platforms for the business across both equity and fixed income.
The BA team and its management are responsible for:
- Requirements gathering and testing phases of the system development life cycle Serving as contact between our business partners and CSIM Technology to ensure that business requirements are well-documented and transformed into conceptual technical solutions
- Conducting requirements-gathering meetings with users, developers, system design architects and system integrators
- Gaining in-depth business knowledge to successfully represent the business community in arriving at technical solutions that lead business strategies through implementation
- Ensuring that the final system solution is delivered successfully to our business partners
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Participate in tracking and prioritization of defects.
- Providing technical support and maintenance of existing systems
What you have:
- A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- 8 + years of experience in systems development life cycle working for an investment management firm including the ability to define and document specifications with the following:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze/provide technology recommendations to the business
- Experienced working with developers to design/analyze alternative technical solutions, test completed code and complete a smooth implementation with the business partners
- Proficient analytical, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- 5 + years of relevant experience leading a business analyst team working in investment management with strong knowledge of QA procedures and methodology
- Working knowledge of Agile Framework
Leadership & Management
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Ability to drive change with external counterparties and vendors, managing and enhancing relationships and services provided
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life