Senior Manager, Business Operations
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
The Sr. Manager, Business Operations is responsible for leading divisional business management functions, for integrating departmental inputs, and for providing divisional and departmental level data and analytics.
Business management functions are strategic and annual planning, performance management (budget, headcount and hiring plans, operational performance metrics and results, controls, risks and audits), HR processes (employee performance management, succession planning) and Communications.
• Establishes and leads divisional planning approaches, coordinates planning effort and outcomes across departments, integrate/aggregates output to Divisional level. Represents the division on the Scorecard Management Team.
• Develops and leads the annual divisional budget preparation, influencing the approach with Finance and developing the divisions’ approach and schedule with Business Managers
• Leads divisional benchmarking with senior management, stakeholders and external resources
• Leads divisional cost allocation process and schedule
• Oversees the IT Controls Framework and Program
• Produces and provides divisional and departmental data and analytics related to budget, headcount, hiring plans, cost allocation, benchmarking, performance, time/effort, productivity
• Recommends and coordinates divisional approaches regarding HR processes (succession planning, individual performance management). Integrates and aligns department inputs to divisional level.
• Oversees the development and implementation of communication plans to support strategic divisional initiatives and drive employee engagement.
• University degree or above
• CPA preferred
• Business Planning, Financial Planning and Analysis, Project Management, Budgeting, Risk and Controls (IT and KFCS)
• 10+ years’ experience in Planning and Forecasting, Performance Management, Financial Modelling, Data Management, Strategic Planning
• Data, analytics and reporting (Excel VBA, macros), Access (VBA), SQL
• Previous experience providing strategic communications planning and implementation of strategic initiatives to a diverse set of stakeholders
• Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams
• Leads with business knowledge
• Drives accountability and performance
• Implements new ideas and ways of doing things
• Aligns and coordinates with other teams and across business processes
• Recommends and makes effective decisions
• Influences and communicates well with a variety of audiences