Kite is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Manager, Business Operations. This position will report to the Vice President of Strategy and Business Operations and support both strategic and tactical activities across the organization. Key interfaces include Strategic Planning and Portfolio Management, CMC Program Management, Alliance Management, Kite Facility Operations, Technical Operations, Finance and other highly matrixed functions across the company.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Supports the functional leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence and implementation of business objectives.
- Develops and maintains detailed work plans which include identification of project tasks, clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities, schedule, plans, resources, budget and status reports.
- Supports Strategy and Business Operations through recurring business processes such as strategic goal setting, budget and LE cycles, and corporate strategy events.
- Provides a strong link between Strategy and Business Operations and other departments across Kite.
- Responsible for the planning, organization and execution of Strategy and Business Operations meetings.
- Develops, maintains and updates organization collateral (SharePoint file repository, goals, organizational charts, etc.).
- Manages to a set of metrics for the Strategy and Business Operations function; continuous improvement of processes within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related professional experience
- Qualified candidates will have an MBA or equivalent business experience.
- Project Management Professional certification is preferred.
- Six Sigma or other OE-related certification is preferred.
- Should possess working knowledge of drug development and manufacturing processes in a health authority-regulated environment.
- Prior experience managing projects, programs, or portfolios in a strategic or product context is preferred.
- Previous operational, consulting, and/or business management experience is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly advanced capability using PowerPoint and Excel is required
- Ability to work with all levels of management and build relationships across disciplines.
- Strong influencing skills; consistently achieves targeted results without authority and by leveraging his/her expertise, business knowledge, interpersonal skills, organizational savvy and relationships
- Strong partnering skills; has exceptionally strong and highly effective working relationships with internal and/or external customers, partners and stakeholders
- Comfort around all levels of staff and management; maintains a confident stance, stays focused and on-point, and is able to raise problems or challenges in a productive and competent manner
- Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management/executive decision-making
- Strategic orientation. Can effectively look out several years and project business or operational implications, trends, risks, uncertainties and/or opportunities
- Outstanding project management, planning, organization and time management skills. Can effectively and efficiently manage and complete multiple, large-scale and complex priorities and projects on-time and on-target.
- Highly competent in MS office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, etc.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.