Vishay Intertechnology, a global industry leader in the manufacturing of discrete semiconductors and passive electronic components for applications in industrial, communications, transportation, consumer, medical, and defense products is currently seeking a Senior Manager Business Marketing for our Tantalum division.
In this position, the Senior Manager Business Marketing for Vishay Tantalum Capacitors will be responsibilities for application and technical sales support for customers and sales representative, quotations and technical review and maintenance of product documents and other engineering support programs.
Drive the sales revenue growth and profit of Vishay Tantalum Capacitors and be responsible for all business marketing activities within the Americas and the definition of the related regional business strategies.
Establishes and maintains lines of communication with design engineering and purchasers on issues related to Tantalum Capacitors, such as design considerations on reliability and maintenance or sourcing. Works with product marketing managers to define new products by supplying insight from the field back to these groups. Serves as the company liaison on specific technical projects with field sales representatives as well as customers. This position also provides management support to reps. requiring travel as needed. Additional responsibilities include assistance with shows and seminars.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Establish and update price guidelines and strategy for business marketing and monitor performance. Approve all pricing below guidelines. Approve / establish pricing strategies for customer contract negotiations and attend negotiations as required.
• Application and technical support to customers. Assess customer requirements, design direction, and identify product opportunity.
• Drive the business marketing efforts to achieve objectives for design-in and in identifying new product opportunities.
• Follow up of major customer quotes and design activities.
• Validate & approve all credit requests i.e. SSD, Disti scrap, pricing errors, etc.
• Provide product training, technical presentations to our customers, reps and direct sales people and support trade shows and exhibitions.
• Prepare and update the business marketing & distributor price books for Tantalum Capacitors.
• Monitor competition’s products and technical market requirements.
B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, BSEE preferred. MBA would be a benefit.
10 years of field and management experience in sales or marketing within the electronics industry. Experience in dealing with division’s product offerings. Prior engineering experience would also be a benefit. Extended office and reporting tool skills.
Annual Sales Revenue of >60 M$ for Tantalum Division, related VM, and a staff size of total 2-3 people in the Americas.
Field travel visiting customers, direct sales people and reps is expected. International travelling as well to Europe, Asia. Extended office environment.