Job ID R-303079
Job Description Summary
The Senior Manager of Business Intelligence will provide execution oversight and strategic leadership to a blended internal and out-sourced 3rd-party BI Solution Delivery team focused on providing integrated analytical solutions and insights to a world-wide Medical Technology organization. This role is critical for the success of the company given the importance of data and analytics in operations and decision-making. Potential candidates for this role will be responsible for customer engagement, demand management, BI solutions assessment and vendor management within their scope of responsibilities. We are looking for an individual with prior experience managing the transition from traditional on premise BI and reporting capabilities to a next generation cloud based platform-as-a-service environment to improve the reporting and analytics capabilities of Becton Dickinson.
The Business Intelligence Senior Manager will will be responsible for talent management for the internal BI team focused on business requirements and solution delivery oversight with accountability for project activities ranging from planning and initiation through stabilization. He/she will provide oversight and mentoring to the internal team to ensure team dynamics and align team members in roles to best take advantage of their strengths and to grow/diversify their skill-sets. He/she will partner with third party vendors to deliver analytical solutions and monitor/measure the productivity, service levels and cost of vendor delivery teams.
This position will partner with key business stakeholders, IT Business Relationship Managers and vendors to assess analytic needs, define business needs, deliver and support optimal BI solutions to support business imperatives that enable business productivity, growth and synergy achievement. Success will require strong collaboration in a matrixed environment with other regional BI Solution Delivery teams, Enterprise Architecture, Business Process teams, Business Relationship Managers and ERP delivery teams.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information technology or related fields
- 8 -10 years demonstrated experience in Data Warehouse design and management including 5+ years of supervisory experience managing BI delivery teams and providing thought leadership
- 5+ years demonstrated experience delivering reporting and analytical solutions in an SAP ERP environment
- Strong understanding of software delivery methodologies and SDLC processes
- Solid understanding of IT operations, theories, principles, and practices as well as applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Prior experience delivering complex reporting and analytics solutions for 3 our of the 5 areas: Finance, Commercial Operations, Sales, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Technical Services functions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set of priorities concurrently
- Strong Communication and Facilitation Skills
- Knowledge of Hadooparchitectures (including Hive, Spark, Impala, Sqoop, etc.), ETL/ELT, SQL/NoSQLdatabase development and familiarity with Azure cloud-computing platforms in a platform-as-a-service model is a strong plus
- Prior experience leading SAP Business Warehouse delivery teams or delivering SAP Business Warehouse reporting
- Working knowledge of any combinations of data visualization tools including Qlikview, QlikSense or Tableau
- Experience in AgileScrum delivery methodology and processes
- Demonstrated success in the ability to lead others as well as lead projects; Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred.
- Prior experience in and FDA regulated and validated systems environment is a strong plus (CFR 21 - Part 11).
- Experience managing service providers in an outsourced IT delivery model for solution delivery and operations