VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we've expanded to over 400 employees globally. It's an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, London, UK, San Francisco, CA, and Austin, TX.
How Does This Position Help VTS Succeed?
The Business Insights team's mission is to help VTS clients make faster, data-driven decisions. This team is responsible for working with our clients' teams to make sure VTS BI is set up to deliver maximum value. They are responsible for managing our out-of-the-box offerings, configuring custom dashboards for clients, and working with our engineering teams to ensure our product evolves to meet our clients' needs.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join our Business Insights team and lead a team of analysts in creating dashboards and reports that provide critical business insights across a client's portfolio. You will develop a deep understanding of our business, clients and users, as well as our data models across our product suite, and be a thought partner for how our BI team can work consultatively with clients to match their needs with our capabilities in a way that enhances engagement across the VTS platform. As the Sr. Manager of the team, you will also be hands-on in evaluating our delivery process, strategizing around the long term product value proposition and opportunities to improve our offerings, and communicating that vision to internal stakeholders. You will work closely with the client success, sales, product, and leadership teams in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with a proven track record in business intelligence and extensive experience translating a broad spectrum of data into actionable insights for clients.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Grow, coach, mentor, and support a team of analysts to ensure their success and growth at VTS.
- Advise on how to deliver valuable reporting and/or analysis to clients by sharing best practices and reviewing the work done by fellow team members. Serve as an escalation resource for critical troubleshooting or client requests.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization.
- Support company-wide efforts to improve client data quality, accessibility, and governance by orienting your team toward delivering dashboards to clients that will power day-to-day decision making and highlight key opportunities to leverage data more strategically.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to prioritize enhancements to data available within the Business Insights platform and improve usability of BI features for both clients and internal stakeholders.
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- 6+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, ideally in CRE or a B2B software industry.
- Experience managing and developing a team of data/business analysts.
- Exceptional SQL skills, ideally with experience using Looker and LookML.
- Hands-on experience in translating data into insightful visualizations with self-service visualization tools (ideally Looker and/or Tableau).
- Attention to administrative details related to team management, utilization, and process governance.
- Ability to translate technical and business concepts such that clients, client-facing teams, and more technically-oriented product stakeholders can align on current needs and immediate next steps to progress projects.
- Experience building a scalable scoping process for both large and small scale deliverables and coaching team members to manage expectations against a set scope.
- Demonstrated skill in translating broad requests into clear deliverables and coaching others to do so successfully.
- A service-oriented ethos, strong business acumen and a demonstrated curiosity to solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills and superb capabilities with managing multiple high priority projects simultaneously and successfully.
- A passion for building valued relationships with other teams with a proven track record of working cross-functionally in a high-growth environment.
- An analytical and results focused mindset, coupled with a creative make-it-happen spirit.
- An understanding of commercial real estate is a BIG plus.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We're employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you're building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.