Nielsen Holdings PLC is a global information, data, and measurement company with headquarters in the U.K.. Nielsen operates in over 100 countries and employs approximately 44,000 people worldwide.
Earlier this year, Nielsen announced the launch of “Connected System” for the FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) industry. The Nielsen Connected System is the industry’s first truly open, cloud-based, highly scalable technology platform designed with and for decision-makers across FMCG and retail companies to foster collaboration and align organizations to achieve sustained, profitable growth in today’s ever-evolving industries.
The Senior Manager, Business Insights will will join a small team of Product Managers participating in the discovery and development of report collections and guided analytics for all key manufacturer user types for the Nielsen Connected System. The Nielsen Connected System was created to help FMCG clients break down barriers by delivering actionable, coordinated decision making. This seamlessly aligns organizations around what’s happening with their business, pinpoint why and quickly identify actions on what to do next. The impact of the individual in this role will be truly game changing for Nielsen clients.
Primary activities of this role are:
- Defining the exact information, analytics, insights, and report needs for each user
- Understanding and advocating for a given user’s needs in terms of their usage of our information, whether in isolation or in combination with other data sources
- Constantly producing and testing new report and guided analytics prototypes
- Iterative prototyping and discovery, both with our internal client-facing associates and directly with clients
- Working very closely with the application development team and with more technically oriented product managers to ensure that we have the necessary capabilities in place
The ideal candidate will have experience and/or an understanding of the following:
- The creation and use of strategic insights within a FMCG company.
- How various users at our clients use retail measurement and consumer panel data
- The role definition, key responsibilities, and day to day activities for key users, including key decisions and responsibilities within the business.
- A thorough understanding of data sources that could contribute to the reporting and analysis function.
- Awareness and understanding of current technology concepts; database structure; business intelligence solutions; online versus offline solutions.
- Experience with Agile development methods desired
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a Consumer Packaged Goods role heavily involved with the creation and usage of reporting and insights to feed formal processes and solve complex business challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in a related discipline. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Chicago location preferred, but not required.
- Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturer, Retailer, or Syndicated Data Provider industry knowledge preferred.
- Occasional travel required, possibly international.