Who we're looking for:The Senior Manager of Business Analytics will build and manage one of the core analytics function at Rover.
Business Analysts are a centralized and fast-paced team of data analysts that support all non-technical teams. This includes owner marketing, sitter marketing and retention, customer service, operations, finance, plus all of the projects where those teams overlap (read: there are many). Business Analysts tackle problems such as acquisition and retention forecasting, ROI analyses, supply/demand equilibrium, and business capacity planning. They are also a source of thought leadership, support, and mentorship for colleagues across the organization seeking to develop their analytical skills. Business Analysts regularly dig deep into huge sets of customer, sitter, and market-level data, then emerge with clear business narratives and recommendations. They work closely with business stakeholders and senior leadership to provide insights that drive strategy and execution in the realms of investment, headcount planning, and cost management.
If the role of Business Analyst seems big, the role of Senior Manager, Business Analytics is even bigger. The leader of this team is responsible for recruiting, inspiring, and focusing a multi-level organization: they excel at hiring and developing both individual analysts as well as analyst managers. They are a master of business narrative: an example for their team and colleagues in how to derive actionable insights from data. When the number of analytics requests outpaces the resources at hand, they excel at identifying and prioritizing the highest impact investigations. In addition to managing the work and priorities of their team, the Senior Manager of Business Analytics is an agile and highly-skilled analyst in their own right.
Your Toolset Includes:
- Advanced SQL
- Python, R, and/or SPSS a plus
- Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization tools
- Fundamentals of hypothesis testing: experiment design, data sufficiency and statistical power, A/B testing, understanding of meta-significance, etc.
- Experience interacting with forecasting models and P&L statements a plus.
- BS/MS in a business or quantitative field: Economics, Business, Math, Statistics - the main thing is you have learned how to think analytically and tie your work to the context of the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to present analytical results to business stakeholders and executives in a useful, concise, and actionable way
- Experience with some form of project management / cross functional leadership strongly preferred
- 4+ years management experience, preferably with teams >5 individuals
- 2+ years experience managing managers as direct reports
- Online marketplace experiencepreferred