You absolutely love data (unstructured and structured), testing hypotheses, and arriving at data-driven recommendations that have an immediate impact on the business. You are passionate about communicating insights as much as you are about discovering them in the first place. You constantly ask questions about how to use analytics to improve the business. Is there a better way to identify responsive customer? Who is the best lender we should match to a customer? Are there new data sources out there that would help us make better decisions?
- Apply your expertise in strategic analytics, data mining, and analytic storytelling to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products to maximize customer satisfaction, lead performance, business revenue, and product improvements / development.
- Lead a team of analytic professionals to develop analyses and analytical frameworks that inform business decisions and strategy development, providing guidance and credible challenge to analytic approaches and output.
- Be proactive with asking strategic data questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful product changes.
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Finance, and other cross-functional teams to inform and recommend strategies. Influence the strategy, launch, administration, optimization, budget, and goals of the business vertical you support, researching competitor campaigns and digesting industry reports, tracking the resulting initiatives and reporting on the financial impact of your work.
- Create a team environment where you provide ongoing coaching and feedback, foster collaboration and innovation, recognize and develop employees, and ensure employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Daily management of performance - including lead volumes, revenue, margins, and related performance metrics to ensure accomplishment of performance goals.
- Superior problem-solving skills. You know how to rip apart difficult problems and construct elegant solutions.
- Strategic toolkit: you can focus an organization on the key business levers and not get caught in the million daily tasks. You see the forest and the trees.
- Pragmatic: you know the 80/20 rule, and know when to boil the ocean and when not to. The solutions you develop are understandable and implementable.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen. You build profit and loss models in your sleep.
- Hands on. You roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Self-directed. You check in regularly with your boss, but you can run with a ton of autonomy and can guide the tasks of your team.
- Team player.
- Not political.
- You play nice with others. People like working with you.
- Competitive Spirit
- Inquisitive mind
- Desire to roll up your sleeves and dig into the work
- Ability to be self-directed and self-managed
- Ability and comfort of working with C-level executives
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Business, or similar quantitative field.
- 7+ years experience in an analytical role performing ad hoc analysis; Management experience preferred
- Proficiency in relevant software packages such as MySQL, R, Python, DataRobot, Excel, Exchange Cube
- Strong organizational skills with a track record of managing projects and people both directly and indirectly
- Experience working with digital marketing (PPC) and consumer websites. Transaction-based B2C sites preferred
- Close coordination and knowledge/data sharing with counterparts who share goals and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and manage a small team
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders, so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders, so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.