The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager Business Analyst is to consult with business subject matter experts and technology resources to identify, prioritize, document, and manage business requirements. The Senior Manager Business Analyst is expected to lead and facilitate requirements gathering workshops and discussions with the requesting business units. These resources are also expected to analyze and document business processes, review and validate test plans, support user acceptance testing, and track/manage requirements traceability throughout the development lifecycle.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Sands’ policies, practices and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading and facilitating requirements gathering workshops and discussions with IT and various corporate business stakeholders (including Treasury, Compliance, Accounting, etc.)
- Analyze and document current business processes and functional requirements.
- Conduct Enterprise Analysis activities such as defining the business need in the context of specific project, prioritizing related initiatives and working with senior stakeholders to make decisions on how to address them.
- Develop a clear set of requirements that are complete and understood by technology resources and business stakeholders; Manage requirements and associated changes to the requirements through the project lifecycle.
- Identify and understand business problems and the impact of proposed solutions on the operations of the organization
- Document solution scope including objectives, added value and benefit expectations.
- Capture and review impacted business processes, working with business stakeholders to identify and make business process improvements that result in cost savings, quality improvements, increased efficiencies, reduced risk, and shorter cycle times.
- Manage requirements traceability throughout the systems development lifecycle.
- Deliver on assigned project tasks within time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and understanding of the implications of changes to existing applications, systems, and/or processes.
- Facilitate cost and effort estimation sessions with developers and third-party solution providers.
- Support QA and UAT processes through validation of test planning and execution.
- Leading and mentoring junior and mid-level business analysts on larger projects that demand multiple BAs.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
- Minimum 5 to 8years’ experience as a Business Analyst.
- Demonstrated experience in process mapping, business requirements analysis and documentation, data mapping and test planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile, BPMN, UML, and user interface design.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and query tools.
- Prior experience working with enterprise modelling suites such as TIBCO Nimbus, MagicDraw, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or ARIS will be beneficial in this role.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Ability to confidently take on complex, high profile projects involving multiple systems, stakeholders, and project resources.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively manage and execute multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Experience working on projects spanning multiple domains, and ability to handle new business domains effectively and with a high level of confidence.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Candidate with CCBA, CBAP or PMI-PBA certification is preferred
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.