Senior Manager, Business Analyst
The Business Empowerment & Risk Solutions Group (BEaRS) is an independent team responsible for providing supervisory support to Schwab Investor Services with direct supervision, escalation, oversight, analysis, and risk assessments to provide decision support to Schwab branches and teams that collectively make up Schwab Investor Services.
We strive to improve business outcomes by providing and applying practical, consistent, effective and unbiased risk guidance that is grounded in a deep understanding of business goals as well as the regulatory and industry environment.
What you’ll do:
To be effective in this role, the Manager must be able to work with all levels within BEaRS and the Schwab organization to identify issues and work with our business partners to implement solutions for new or improved supervisory controls and streamline processes.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the Business, BEaRS as well as other technical groups across the Firm in the design and implementation of solutions to meet project goals
- Review and monitor supervisory components of systems and tools with tool owners Prioritize business needs and work to develop requirements for implementation
- Assist with user testing, training
- Create and maintain review documentation
- Act as a thought partner with BEaRS and business users
- Establishing productive relationships with internal business partners
- Gather requirements to create new and/or update existing processes and/or reporting and/or tool scenarios/models
- Accurately documenting changes to procedural documents and mitigating impacts surrounding procedural change and implementation
- Develop process improvements and efficiencies within Supervision and Controls
- Assisting with any other assigned duties
What you have:
- Experience developing business requirements for projects, reporting, technology initiatives or other business procedure related documents
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Min 3-5 years of compliance and/or supervisionexperience in industry
- Excellent relationship management skills (negotiating, collaborating, influencing)
- Interest in creating change through process improvements and streamlining functions
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to adapt to changing business conditions
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize business needs
- Active and valid Series 7 and 63 is required
- Active and valid Series 9/10 or 24 is required
- Desire to obtain additional securities licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Job ID: 0130-38385.