It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Title: Senior Manager, Business Analysis
Department: IT-Business Relationship Management
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Business Analysis within the Business Relationship Management (BRM) organization to support all of Cigna's Medicare IT Portfolio Investments, Programs, and Delivery teams. The Senior Manager of Business Analysis will oversee the Business Analysis (BA) team, and establish the requirements management methodology and tools that will be the foundation for the business analysis function. The Senior Manager of Business Analysis is also expected to be a transformational leader relative to improving BA team's technical ability, governance model, resource utilization, and overall efficiency by establishing industry best practices.
Candidate must be an experienced people leader with a proven track record of building and developing strong teams as well as an effective communicator creating solid, collaborative business relationships.
Other functions may include identifying continuous improvement opportunities, encouraging strong collaboration, driving cost optimization and cultural / behavioral maturity, and being a change leader based on evolving IT delivery methodologies and directives.
- Establish and implement requirements elicitation and management methodology and associated governance tools - constantly seeking better processes and more efficient methods
- Maintain fluency in procedural advances in IT delivery management best practices and methodologies in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Manage BA resource capacity to execute the portfolio roadmap and deliver value to business customers, including the organizing, prioritizing and assigning of responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting and/or changing priorities
- Prepare cost for business analysis activities, track forecast versus actuals to ensure budgets are met
- Lead and participate in process to develop requirements; evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, differentiate between actual and required user needs, distinguish user requests from the underlying business problems, and enforce requirements traceability documentation
- Identify duplicate, adjacent or conflicting capability requests across portfolio projects; determine opportunities for synergies and efficiencies in the elicitation of requirements, communicate conflicts and assist in driving to resolution
- Lead executive-level stakeholder reviews
- Partner with business process engineering, design, development, QA, production support, project management, and other teams to ensure precise and complete analysis, and business requirements' documentation including rules, Visio diagrams and wireframes when necessary
- Proactively connect, collaborate and maintain communication with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and deliver project artifacts as needed
- Partner with the project stakeholders (business and technology) to understand the strategic business direction/goals/requirements
- Understand the interaction and relationship of business operations, business processes, and supported system applications
- Provide leadership, mentorship and coaching to Business Analysis team members including conducting development and performance discussions
- Maintain a manner of leadership and flexibility that diffuses pressure and promotes a team atmosphere
- BA or BS Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline with an IT Focus or equivalent years of progressive experience. Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant IT leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare industry
- Superior knowledge and use of current principles, practices and techniques of business analysis and project management methodologies in Agile and Waterfall development environments.
- Experience in the transition from waterfall to agile methodology, and the associated changes to the business analysis process, roles & responsibilities, and project artifacts
- Experience leading organizational transformation
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Solid understanding of project financial management and the forecasting/tracking of costs related to the business analysis process
- Excellent leadership skills and a passion for creating an environment of highly engaged employees that achieve extraordinary results
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership related to a wide range of business units and technology services
- Proven ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent
- Ability to work as part of a high performance team in a fast paced, growth environment
- Ability to drive and influence change and achieve positive outcomes
- Ability to forecast, plan and coordinate resource capacity as required
- Skill in diagnosing and solving complex problems with detailed analysis
- Superior written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of business analysis
- Proficiency with computer and applicable software packages, including MS Office products (Work, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Master's Degree
- Experience working in an Agile environment