STV, Inc. currently has an opening in our New York office for a Senior Manager of Building Sciences with our Buildings & Facilities division.
Key responsibilities include:
- Market building science services including asbestos, lead and mold.
- Prepare proposals for building science investigation, design and monitoring.
- Manage multiple simultaneous asbestos, lead-based paint and mold investigations and designs.
- Prepare asbestos, lead-based paint and mold investigation reports.
- Prepare asbestos, lead-based paint and mold design drawings and specifications.
- Perform Quality Control reviews of reports and designs.
- Manage project budgets and prepare invoices.
- Manage health and safety for projects.
- The position occasionally requires some emergency response, night, and weekend work and some overnight travel (10% travelrequired).
- Successful candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Engineering or Science.
- Approximately 20years of environmental experience in New York City and/or in-depth knowledge and understanding of New York State and New York City agencies and environmental regulations.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and a team player with a positive attitude.
- New York State/New Jersey Professional Engineer, Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
- NYSDOL Asbestos Inspector and Designer.
- NYCDEP Asbestos Investigator.
- USEPA Lead Inspector or Risk Assessor
- 10-hour OSHA certification.